In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

Good luck!

Horkn, wildwest, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  2. yooperdave

yooperdave

After close to 5 hours on the road yesterday, I finally changed the oil/filter on the civic. I had been holding off in case I sold/traded the car and been having to re-set that pesty factory reminder that pops up every time the engine is started.

It begins with 15% oil life left change oil soon or something like that. Also suggests to rotate tires (I just got 4 new ones) and check air filters.

Lab was helping out with the entire procedure. Every time I turned my back, it would grab one of the rage and carry it into the snow or on top a snowbank and wait for me wagging his tail. :picard:

On the first part of the trip that morning, I met up with a kamikaze racoon. It ran into the LFF. Made quite a racket and I inspected for damage once it was daylight. Only noticed a few hairs. But, when I got home, the lab smelled it and did everything he could to get under the car to investigate further! With the civic's ground clearance, that wasn't going to happen. :rofl: :lol:

99 lbs was wondering just how the dog got dirty all over it's side and head.....:whistle: :zip:

3. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Grace Moments

The only enduring thing
    Pastor Mike Novotny

I bet what breaks your heart, maybe more than anything, is when something doesn’t endure forever. Like when you finally have a little money in the bank, but then—ding!—that little dashboard light lights up because that pricey part of your car didn’t endure forever. Or when the guy you were dating—the guy who seemed so perfect, so sweet, so committed—didn’t endure forever. Or when you were making progress with your mental health, staying positive and strong, but then things slipped right back to where you were. Mental health, marriage, our own morality—the heartbreaking problem is the same: Nothing seems to endure forever.

But that’s why I love the most repetitious chapter in the entire Bible, Psalm 136. It starts, “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever” (verse 1). Just in case you didn’t catch it the first time, the psalm writer goes on to repeat “his love endures forever,” not once or twice but 25 more times!

Isn’t that the best? When your car battery dies, God’s love endures forever. When your family isn’t as picture-perfect as you prayed for, God’s love endures forever. When anxiety gets the best of your heart, God’s love endures forever. I could go on (like the psalmist!) but these devotions are supposed to fit on one page.

Just remember that God is good today. Why? Because his love endures forever

Horkn, Stephiedoll, JD Guy and 4 others like this.
  4. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

20230328_164112.jpg
    Gotta have something to do, right?

5. billb3

billb3

SMH. Street sweeper was sent out today . It's trash day. Recyclables are in a large barrel that gets picked up "robotically" . It picks it up from the curb and leaves the barrel empty on the street up against the curb, which means the driver of the street sweeper has to get out and move every single barrel back onto the sidewalk so he can continue on. Makes ya wonder how bright those in charge are.
    Edit: <delete snarky comments>

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  6. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

7. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Man that's a nice old Tacoma....

00d0d_l3pDzb99fOD_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg 01616_dSuoIyVeTt8_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg 01010_iXXkWwkVzl2_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Horkn, Stephiedoll, SimonHS and 3 others like this.
  8. tree killer

tree killer

billb3, Ron T, FatBoy85 and 1 other person like this.
  9. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Back in 2001-2002 when I remodeled our kitchen I bought a Price Pfister ceramic cartridge faucet for the sink...has never caused any trouble, not one drip...until a year or so ago it would drip a bit sometimes from the cold side, but would stop if you turned it on and back off a time or two...then it would be fine again for a spell. A couple weeks back the hot side started dripping, sometimes a lot, and could take more than a time or two of the on/off to stop it. Decided it was time to do something with it, so I started looking into a repair kit, or whatever it was gonna take to get things sealed back up. Started googling around and came across a post that reminded me that Price Pfister ceramic faucets have a lifetime warranty...so I went to their site and filled out a help request to figure out the model of the faucet since I couldn't find the receipt (I had all the remodel receipts in a file together) had to include a couple pics and filled out a "how can we help" form, where I mentioned the leaks...they emailed back the next day that they were sending me 2 new cartridges within 7-10 days...they came today. Now that's standing behind your product!
    The only thing disappointing was that the new parts say made in china on 'em...not sure where it was made originally...

Horkn, Stephiedoll, savemoney and 5 others like this.
  10. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Morning and Delta do the same! It is great...never needed my receipt either.

Congrats on the free fix!!

11. yooperdave

yooperdave

I did not have any luck with delta.

Horkn, savemoney, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  12. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Horkn, savemoney and Backwoods Savage like this.
  13. billb3

billb3

Oh ....there was someone running around here exactly like that, just the car was tan not grey. Maybe there is a club .....

14. bogieb

bogieb

Last year my mom found out how good the lifetime warranty for Delta is. Their house is 20+ years old and she figured "lifetime" was a manufacturer's definition (which, for a lot of things is not nearly 20 years - you gotta read the fine print). She was impressed that with just a few pictures Delta could figure out what the replacement should be even though the model had been discontinued for years and she had no paperwork.

Horkn, savemoney, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  15. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Not this one.

savemoney and eatonpcat like this.
  16. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Moen...not morning damm autocorrect

FatBoy85, Horkn, savemoney and 6 others like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Danged cold air. It is time to warm up. March has been a cold month.

FatBoy85, Horkn, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  18. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

been sub zero and low single digits this week back home.

been 55-88*F down in Texas.

bee interesting to see what the weather is come next week when I finally get home.

19. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Our location was #1 in sales yesterday :dex:

FatBoy85, Horkn, Stephiedoll and 5 others like this.
  20. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

The one they are closing? :picard: