In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

pffftt! Amateur!

We're over 200" now.

2. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

That's close to 20 feet!!! :eek:

:shiver:

:BrianK:

3. yooperdave

yooperdave

Yup. 18' right now

4. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

That's a lot of snow.

5. tree killer

tree killer

Those were the old square body Cherokee. Old school with the same engine they’d used for years. Some newer ones are Fiat or whatever the new company name is builds. Some are Jeep but on the Market competition level builds for small SUV’s. Still anything CDJ has rust problems today.

6. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Very nice looking.

7. bogieb

bogieb

I know it bothers some people when others don't buy a "real" jeep or a real "truck". I only buy vehicles for a purpose, I don't even care what it looks like - I didn't care for how the either he Patriot and the Xterra looked, but they were fulfilling a duty so it didn't matter. Just because it doesn't meet your needs, does not mean it doesn't have a purpose. It just means someone else's needs / purpose is different different than yours. That being said, I will not buy any Jeep or Nissan again - worst reliability of any vehicles I've owned - even those that I bought with 200k on them.

8. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Horkn, yooperdave, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  9. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

bogieb you are not alone Jeep was 29th out of 30 of vehicles brands for reliability

10. savemoney

savemoney

Those look to be harmless grass snakes. They eat a lot of pesty bugs and small rodents, They will also eat frogs and will climb up a pole to get into a birdhouse. I hate snakes. I mean I can't even stand being anywhere near them. But I have come to coexist with the simple snakes even though I still get a startle reflex when I come across them. I had a dog who would kill them if he caught them. He tolerated cats but no other small creatures.

11. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Yep, garter snakes. In the 25+ years we've lived here, I've rehomed countless numbers of them. There's some kinda den under that tree and has been long before we moved in. I would let them be, but my wife will introduce them to the shovel, so I catch and relocate. We've had up to probably 15-20 in a year before. They get in the house and I don't want that. Sometimes when you pick them up, they poop as a deterrent. That really stinks...

12. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I was always working on our TJ. Reliable and Jeep do not belong in he same sentence, lol.

13. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

J just
    E empty
    E every
    P pocket

hey I like them just don’t trust them

14. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Truck driver fell and hit his head today. Not good.

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

My jeep was new off the lot, it was a lemon ontop of normal jeep :emptywallet: . It was a lease so I bought the full maintenance package and it blows my mind how many very expensive repairs it had done in only 36 months. I ended up parking it early til the end of me lease because it was too unreliable for the distances I drove daily, was stranded and lost most the day of work too many times.

16. savemoney

savemoney

Never had the experience of one of them pooping, but then I seldom ever picked one up. I am more apt to put a stick under one and give it a good fling towards the woods. I know they only hang around if there is food to eat. That is why I mostly leave them alone. Just don't want them where I am. I was amazed to sew how they climb up poles and brush. They are determined to find food. The ones I hate the most are those ugly water snakes. They get really big and aggressive. Fish and game says we don't have rattle snakes, but most any Maine woodman will tell you we have timber rattlers. They also say we don't have mountain lion, but several have been seen and recorded on web cams. We are told those are bob cats, but bob cats are smaller and don't have much of a tail. Fish and Game claim to have the last word on those two. We also now have Wolves here. They came after the coyotes. Now that I am on a rant, we also now have Opossums and an abundance of Turkeys. Also ticks and Japanese's beetles. Never had or knew of those when I was a kid.

17. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

X2

18. bogieb

bogieb

Have to go into the office today and tomorrow. Get to meet my new boss (whom I've had for over a month but he hasn't deigned to answer texts or emails from me until the last week). Today is a big group meeting where we will find out what our jobs and goals are (to be met in the next 8 months - so we've lost 3-4 months already). Tomorrow is supposed to be "team building". I hate those things.

As an introvert I hate being around people. Woke up at 1:30 am (had been doing good and sleeping until 2:30 the last several mornings). My stress level has already gone way up this morning with my stomach roiling. It's going to be a long two days.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  19. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

I know how you feel. Be strong. You’ll do fine lady.
    :handshake:

Horkn, bogieb, savemoney and 8 others like this.
  20. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Nice house! Now if I could only deport the adjoining neighbors and replace them with trees...

1679945876998_3389723_md.jpg

Horkn, savemoney and yooperdave like this.