I'm thinking something on pier blocks, we'll see. We'll be doing more planning on the size before winter.
Zap, have you got any older growth trees on your lot? and if not, whats the oldest trees you've seen so far?
I think we have some but not a lot, I think a Hemlock up above the bowl is one of the bigger ones on the lot, we do have some good size ( in my mind ) White Pine. To get the age, can you measure the tree at dbh ?
One load of Pine needles to a small turn around where I cut the dead Elm, I then did a small load of Hemlock needles in another dip nearby.
Just one load of Pine needles before I grabbed a load of wood, it was dumped in the same area I dumped in last week.
This trail my wife would like open before the snow hits the ground, the ferns are still pretty high in this area but hopefully I'll start next weekend. Most of the work is at the bottom so I'll work my way down from the top.
I spent the day doing some trail work, I did two loads of Pine needles on the trail near the swamp then I rid the trail of that rotten Hemlock we pulled down. I did another two loads of Pine needles on a rough part of the trail, pic 9984.
I started on opening up this trail after I took the last load of Pine needles in, this was a rotten Birch.
I did a total of three loads of Pine needles, the last two loads was a mixture of Pine needles and leaves. The three loads went in two different locations on the trail.
One of these years, I'll get to these two different trails, they would give us a couple of more trails to get up top. It looks like they were made by the original owner a long time ago.
My internet is still down! The 2 minute wait for the pics was worth it on this old phone! Looking good there traily!