In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. smoke show

smoke show

Another 12" of white chit. :(

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

We got that stuff coming too! Already flurries here!!

:BrianK:

3. Earl764

Earl764

send it south, j!

4. imacman

imacman

Yeah, from what I see on the weather, you better get the sn*wblower, tractor, shovels, etc. ready. I keep hearing the blizzard word mentioned for your area.....and a lot of the NE.
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 4.03.12 PM.png

5. imacman

imacman

LOLOL....not a chance. I'll be out cutting the grass tomorrow. :rofl: :lol:

6. Earl764

Earl764

I meant to me. we're just getting rain. I'd like a pile of snow. I'm like an hour south of J.

7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Weird, Sn*wed like heck for about an hour. Everything was white! Then it warmed a bit and turned to rain now. White all gone!!

For now, What happens later??

8. bogieb

bogieb

Was still raining when I truned in last night. Woke up about an hour ago listening to the roof dumping. Finally decided I wasn't getting back to sleep,. Already shoveled the ramp out the back door once. Looks like about 5" so far. Looks like I got upped to the 18+ range according to the local station. Another weather guy I follow says 16-24". All wet chit so will not be fun to clean up.

9. gbreda

gbreda

Yeah, rain at bedtime. Slight turn to white chit but not much yet. Still in the 12" area.

It's March so not too concerned about cleanup. Since its supposed to sn*w into the night I may just leave it all until after work tomorrow to clean instead of getting up at 3:30-4 am and cleaning before work. What I dont get, March should take care of.

Time to get ready and head into work. Hopefully others stay home and off the roads.

10. scajjr2

scajjr2

You referring to TheCloudBoy's forecast map? His shows my area right on the 4-8/8-12 line so I figure 6-10, my daughter in Milford in his 8-12 and my brother in Greenville in the 12-18. He has a couple spots either side of Peterborough at 24+. His totals a bit higher than the TV stations.

Just started snowing a little while ago, rained all night.

sam

11. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Just started to sn*w at around 8:30 last night. Within an hour the road was white and traffic was crawling. Probably 2" by the time I went to bad at 11:00

About 8" so far this morning, Lost power a few times and internet was out until now. Lost the world for a lil bit!! Heavy chit as all the trees are bent over!! Wind is not to bad so far, But we do get a god guest here and there. Everyone stayed home so I've got loads of help to clear this chit up once it settles down. But I wish my tractor was here! I'm so done with the sn*w blower besides the walk way.

Once I finally get the tractor, I may sell the blower and get a small single stage. Might even consider a new battery powered one? Or maybe a power shovel??

Edit: I'm hoping this is winters last hurrah!!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  12. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Good news from the tractor dealer, My tractor is ready. They put the rest of the package together and added the options I wanted. Plus filled the rear tires with rim guard. Its all set for delivery as soon as the weather allows!!

GC1725ML.jpg

13. scajjr2

scajjr2

So far (12:30) have about 5+ inches here. Daughter in Milford has 9+, brother in Greenville over a foot.

sam

14. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Over 10" and still sn*wing here. May go out and do a clean up as the wind has settled a bit. Might take my nap first??

15. gbreda

gbreda

Not too much here, maybe 5 inches. Supposed to go into the night so taking it hour by hour to maybe go outside and clean or let it wait till tomorrow after work.

Went to work this morning around 7am, roads were worse I have seen in a long time. Around 10 had to take a supply to item an adamant customer that just couldn't wait till tomorrow. Company didnt want us on the roads but off I went-even rte 16 was terrible. If it wasnt for my 4WD truck and experience in this chit it could have been real bad-sideways a few times on rte 125 but experience (and a real 4WD truck) kicked in and straightened out. And the customer got what they needed :picard:

Found out at 1PM that the company wanted the branch closed at noon, yet the person who was informed to close (who was at home nice and warm) didnt tell us. Not that we wouldnt have closed up ourselves by 2 or so but c'mon...really?

bogieb, IHATEPROPANE, imacman and 2 others like this.
  16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

A member of the family that used to own this shack was kind enough to plow our driveway. But he pushed the snow a crossed the street into the neighbors private road for the farm. Woke up to banging on our back door from the farm owner. Asking why we plowed over there. I didn't even know they plowed for us. Stirred up a bunch of bees and now that neighbor is pizzed at us!!

Ugh, I think these neighbors are all from the same place our old neighbors in Winsted were from!! Seems we can't even take a freakin nap without getting into trouble. Geez dude its only freakin snow, No gravel even!! Which is what would get us in trouble in winsted as the plow would push our gravel up on the money bags lawn of which he actually didn't own as it was towns property, But none the less we'd hear the BS every freakin snow storm after plowing!! Actually had to call the town on him several times and the cops as well because he was getting irate at us. Threats as well!

Now the farm owner is calling the cops on the family member for plowing!! Has this world gone that freakin luney really??

Ohhh and smoke show luvs it when we post our snow totals!! I guess he didn't realize its a competition. I told him the winner gets a date with him! He better hope I don't win cause he's gonna have a hefty beer and food tab to pay!! :p

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  17. Earl764

Earl764

a date with smokeshow? my condolences:D

18. scajjr2

scajjr2

Just finished snowblowing. Got about a foot. Never had any high winds, power flickered a couple times but never went out.

sam

bogieb, IHATEPROPANE, imacman and 2 others like this.
  19. gbreda

gbreda

Same here, about 12" and just finished cleaning-still sn*wing

Whatever falls tonight can just melt away-I aint touching it again, at least for this storm.

20. gbreda

gbreda

Um... OK

Yeah, people suk and they seem to suk even more since covid. Almost no one is reasonable anymore