In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

$30 Ms650 done! Almost ...

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by clemsonfor, Oct 23, 2013.

  1. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
  2. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    What is DP muffler? All that comes to kind is double penetration. Could be the vikadin.
     
  4. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Haha!! Well that is a dp too! But dual port muffler this is a family site! The pro saws have a bolt on cover on muff. There is a factor option for a flat cover and a cover with a port in it. There is also aftermarket ones. Basically a stock muffler mod. All the muffs have a port on the base part which is all mine has now.
     
    Scotty Overkill and Grizzly Adam like this.
  5. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Somehow I think this thread is going to pop up on the wrong searches on Google.

    DPs and muffs, oh my.....:zip:
     
  6. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    And it now defined in the text as well.
     
  7. the GOAT

    the GOAT Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,399
    Likes Received:
    2,661
    Location:
    Maine
    So what is the $3o saw going to cost in the end?
     
  8. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Let's see?

    Saw $30
    Handle ebay $68
    Choke lever ebay$7.50
    Miscellaneous parts @ stihl (bar nuts, impulse line,recoil and cover screws)$19
    switch shaft eBay $12.50
    La Screw (4) robbed by surprise shipping warbro $23 but gonna sell 3 to recoup cost.
    Fuel intake @ walbro $free
    Parts from a guy who sells on eBay. E clip, carb adjuster boot, rubber thing for air cover, pre filter thing? Carb nuts Carb flange thing. $30
    Screw for chain brake $2
    Baffle for air filter eBay $9
    Handle screws eBay $4
    Still need washer on clutch drum side $?
    Spring for switch @stihl $2.5
    Spark plug ebay$3.5
    Intake eBay used stihl $14
    Side cover eBay $14

    So I think that's $239 if math is right, but I'm hoping to make a few dollars back once I sell the LA screws on eBay.
    Don't think that's too bad, for a saw with 150 psi compression.

    I was shying away from adding this up!!
     
  9. the GOAT

    the GOAT Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,399
    Likes Received:
    2,661
    Location:
    Maine
    Not too bad.

    150 for that saw is respectable. But what's another $15 for Cabers?
     
    clemsonfor and DexterDay like this.
  10. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Read my mind :)
     
    mdavlee and the GOAT like this.
  11. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I Carried. It to work to show the guys. Chainsaw wannabes kind of? The one said what's it sound like, I said start it and see. I said there is no idle stop screw so your gonna have to catch it as soon as it pops.H is drop starting it...and he is not ready for t hat kind of power and it ripped the cord out of his hand before he turned it over!! And then got a firm grip and was yanking it all over before he put on ground and stepped on handle. I was laughing like crazy.

    There both husky rancher guys :)
     
    NortheastAl and Grizzly Adam like this.
  12. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Y'all just want to see me tear into a perfectly good saw to make it better!

    I just deleted my cabers out of my watched items today!!
     
  13. the GOAT

    the GOAT Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,399
    Likes Received:
    2,661
    Location:
    Maine
    Well you could do a little grinding while you are it...
     
  14. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    And get a 660 piston and cyl....
     
  15. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    That's what she said.
     
    clemsonfor and MasterMech like this.
  16. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Well I carried it to work with me again. Got out to the woods at an old log deck from this summer and out it in some wood. I can pretty much lean on this thing as hard as I wanted to in 12" pine. This is wood in a stack since this summer. Then put it to some 18" pine and can lean on it pretty darn hard!

    I had a huge grin on my face :)
     
  17. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Just posted in your other thread (forgot about this one).

    How do you like the saw? What size bar and rim sprocket are you running?
     
  18. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    The saw is a beast. I'm just in town for the bit, were at the farm and its got no signal, phone satellite or water!!! Well usually has water but that went out which is why I'm in town, trying to get a hold of someone....

    The saw is unlike any saw I have run. Its 4 strokes at WOT like it should but when u sink the dogs in and oil up it clears up and then just start going and going. Hard to describe what I'm trying to say. Kind of like a tractor that's working then it loads up and the governor increases the fuel and the exhaust not changes. I get that felling running this. And I have not even muffler modded it yet!!
     
  19. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    What size bar do you run on it?

    Looks to be a 25"? Or 28"?
     
  20. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    That's a 25". It will just about not stop with a full comp 25" er. I mean noodeling oak bucking 20" pine it just RUNS!! Pine is a joke, you better be wearing boots and your pants over them cause you willbury your foot in chips in 30 seconds! I cut a fork sweetgum stump in on of my harvest areas, yes its soft hardwood bit it was 20+" s and that thing was like cutting 8" pine with the 390!! I mean if you can't tell I love this saw. A bit heavy to sling all day but for 30 mins to an hour its OK. I know I have a huge grin while running it. I can't imagine what a
    660 top would do to it!!!

    I want a 32" bar just cause so if u run across a deal snap it up. I don't need pristine cause it will only be put on for show or to cut some thing random everyso often.

    Still at farm so won't respond back soon.