In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I got selected a few years ago and was picked as the jury foreman on a high profile murder case. It was front page of the paper every day. Pretty gruesome crime scene photos. o_O Honestly, I didn't mind it at all. It's part of our civic duty so it is what it is. After a few hours of deliberating, we all agreed on a guilty verdict. :handshake: Certainly will never forget it.

2. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

I generally hibernate in winter also.

3. savemoney

savemoney

I took this one off FB this Am. It was taken in Kennebunkport Me
    upload_2023-1-27_14-44-50.png

4. lukem

lukem

This week has been one gigantic fire drill at work. Glad the weekend is almost here.

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I've only ever actually had to go into the courthouse 2 times when on jury duty...the one time I was released, the second time I was selected for a shaken baby case...the dad ended up taking a plea deal and we were all really glad, as it would not have been an easy decision...seemed like he might have been guilty, but it wasn't clear cut. He was fairly young and seemed like he just had a really REALLY bad day and made a terrible split second decision...was a good kid from a good family, just lost control in the worst way for a moment...he said he just found the baby non responsive...I dunno, like I said, just glad the decision was taken from us.

6. yooperdave

yooperdave

Postcard material right there!

7. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Now. You don't see these in this condition every day....

00q0q_6aHNxObwuQC_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg 00g0g_crye0vISd5G_0t20CI_600x450.jpg 01313_6eUQGPx8B0H_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg 01313_k61F5TWI4Ek_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

8. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

9. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Yes, that is a rare bird.

I'd rather the van over that haha.

10. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

It’s a Chrysler BE Ware
    At 70k miles replace radiator, pumps, pulleys, half shafts etc etc

Parents owned several mostly 5 speed 4 cyl 2.2

11. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

12. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

:rofl: :lol:

Now this....I'd take in a Newfoundland heartbeat.

01313_ijvt8XpJF1M_0ak06S_600x450.jpg

13. Warner

Warner

Always wanted a 4wd Eagle. Not sure why, I hear they were terrible to work on.

14. savemoney

savemoney

I have a 2011 Dodge Caravan. Now has just 100,000 miles on it. I bought the "anything mechanical" lifetime warranty with it when I got it new. Engine is still very quiet. Runs like it did when I bought it. I use it to hall my wheelchair and scooter around. Very seldom drive out of town. I have one rust spot I'll need to get fixed in the spring.

15. savemoney

savemoney

I took this one off FB this Am. It was taken in Kennebunkport
    Is it common not to have landscaping, paved driveways, or garages there? That place looks brand new. Nice size.

16. Horkn

Horkn

When we lived in Wausau WI, our elderly neighbors had a 4door wagon eagle. It was green with wood grain sides. We moved in 1982. There is an all brown one in town that's in great shape now though. 40 years later.

17. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2023
  18. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

It's brand new, I do really like the outside, but the inside is a little too open and fancy for me. That front yard is definitely landscaped, but maybe not recently mowed. it does have a weird look to the growth. Definitely common to just have a gravel driveway in rural areas, though asphalt is by no means unheard of. I'm going to say I prefer gravel in a rural area, it won't ice up quite as easily in the wintertime, it's more environmentally friendly too, plus the cost to pave a driveway of any size....:makeitrain"more than I have, that's for sure.

Same with excessive landscaping, i do like a property to look, not overrun and unkempt, but still somewhat earthy and natural. A balanced medium. Sure, a sensibly sized yard, enough to have a little useable outdoor space and give the house breathing room, but I'd rather have my own patch of forest than a giant field to constantly mow and deal with. Trees provide shelter and privacy, and can be nurtured and harvested into something useful when the time is right.

I'm actually kind of surprised it has no garage, considering the work that was put into it and the location. Definitely has become more and more popular with newer builds over time. But of course, lots of old houses around that haven't had one added, just don't have the space for one, what have you.

19. yooperdave

yooperdave

Does that driveway circle all the way around the house to get to the parking spot? :loco: :crazy:

Too bad they couldn't have buried the elec service to the house. Or, at least run the lines across the road a bit higher.

I'd pass on that one if I was you TrinitySouth99

20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks guys, I distinctly remember the point on the roof of the barn with some old hardware hooked to it, I think it was the cart and pully.. That said GGGrandfather that built it made his $$ as a blacksmith in Denver in the 1860's, his son lost the last of the remaining 1/2 of farm in the depression, my grandfather said auto's were the best gift because working horses can get mad and mean. Idk, I finally noticed the ancient hook on the beam over a 100 years later so who knows what improvements happened in those years. My grandparents were in their 60's when I was born and got to spend time out there for wonderful summers as a kidand the majority of old equipment had been sold off, they all took jobs instead of farming/ranching. That barn still intrigues me with the trap door windows to throw hay and the rotating lumber to get the cows head in the feed trough for milking and so much more.