In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Remember once heading into a Canadian fishing camp. Storm had come up. All the gear was in bil ski boat. Ex and I in a 16' aluminum fishing boat. I would be at the top of the wave looking down into the trough. Scary as he!!. And I hate roller coasters.

2. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I'm an IID (ignition interlock device) technician. If you get a DUI and want to drive during the suspension period, you have to get a "blow-and-go". I install and monitor them.

3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

x2, thanks! A few years ago WWW saw a Golden Eagle that had caught an antelope. It was trying to fly away with it but couldn't so started dragging it.

4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

LOL, first time I saw one of those
    Out here online reviews are meaningless and only used as weapons. Heck, the biggest oldest well respected roofer in town has a couple of good reviews, but most are stupid, one was a guy that was told they are booked for the year but will put him on the list for fall, no estimate or contract and damming review. Another a retired Judge in Cheyenne, was super pizzed he did not get a discount because of his stature. Most the eating places out here are bad too from rival businesses and grumpy out of town travelers expecting something different. Stupid. And I'm sorry for your complaint.

Oh, I forgot the chick that didn't pay her bill for 9 months meanwhile I see her bragging on FB about all her new heavy equipment she was buying. The day after roofer called to inform they enact the mechanical lean she smeared them EVERYWHERE possible online.

5. yooperdave

yooperdave

There has been more than one report of bald eagles snatching an owners dog off of the dock or the yard all around the lake here over the years.

Albeit they are the "foo foo" sized dogs, but they're gone just the same.

When our bernese mountain dog was first brought home it weighed 11 lbs. And eagles sit in a tree along my front lawn. Now you know that the puppy was never left outside unattended!

6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Agree, previous home we lost a purebred cat and other people in where I lived and in town reported small pets were missing, it was blamed on those giant white owls (I forgot the breed, Snowy?), No pups outside unattended. How dumb I never thought of the eagles here nor the Golden WWW saw with the antelope. Sigh.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  7. tree killer

tree killer

Back in 2004-2009 I’d go to a friends place in Saskatchewan, they were a duck and goose outfitter and they live in Maine and go just for a few months. I always drove, took the Canadian route out and stayed in the USA on the way home. I have a direct shot across Quebec and Ontario, always crossed the bridge in Sault st Marie. Drove another few hours and hooked on US route 2 which runs 2 miles from my house.

8. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

wildwest as I was reading this; the shepherd read 80 pound and 105 pound mut got scared and came in the porch! That means it’s either a group of coy dogs or something that would scare 200 pounds of dogs! I’ve seen the videos game cameras within a mile of here of birds of prey taking out chicken coops.

Guns are loaded waiting for my little girl to get home. Don’t know what’s out there in the dark; pretty sure double 00buck shot will cure its issues

edit shepherd kills foxes for fun so bigger

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Oh Dear! I don't even like when our barn cat runs in all shook up and tail puffed nervously looking behind her when letting her into the garage! No doubt you have her covered :) I mean your daughter coming home.

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

11. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Now I know who to call to get mine disabled!! :coldone:

Chaz, savemoney, T.Jeff Veal and 11 others like this.
  12. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I've watched some pretty entertaining circumvention videos! With cameras it's harder to cheat.

Chaz, Chvymn99, T.Jeff Veal and 10 others like this.
  13. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

wildwest i walked around and figured it out; dogs chased a bobcat up a tree looks to be a big one. snow helps; If came close to my lil one . The shepherd Lady would have attacked without hesitation! It’s a shepherd thing; darn dog honestly believes she can only get to heaven if she dies protecting mom/Liz. In woods behind barn best to retreat

Chaz, NortheastAl, Chvymn99 and 12 others like this.
  14. Gasifier

Gasifier

I spent a good part of the day cutting/splitting/ stacking firewood. All Ash today. Then watched the second half of World Cup France V Marocco. France wins. Then went to our daughter’s Christmas Concert after dinner. They sang and played very well. It was a good day.

Chaz, NortheastAl, Chvymn99 and 10 others like this.
  15. bogieb

bogieb

Have an Excellent Birthday wildwest !

And Oldhippie , you have a great Birthday too.

Chaz, NortheastAl, Horkn and 7 others like this.
  16. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I was getting pictures of bobcat on trail camera. Must have made this their home for a while.

NortheastAl, Chvymn99, Horkn and 8 others like this.
  17. Gasifier

Gasifier

Chaz, NortheastAl, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  18. Gasifier

Gasifier

Caffeine! Let Mutleys out and back in and read some “News”. On another note. There are a lot of sick folks around here. Some stomach virus. Yuck. I’ll be staying away from everyone I can! Some respiratory virus. Hopefully get to cut some firewood again today after taking daughter to school. You hoarders have a good day!

NortheastAl, Chvymn99, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  19. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Chaz, NortheastAl, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  20. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT