In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

It’s hard for me to imagine a lake having waves like that. I was in a small boat that capsized in bad weather on Eleven Mile reservoir when I was a dumb teenager.
    I just swam to shore:rofl: :lol:

2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Lake Superior is huge though. And even Lake Erie, even though much smaller, can get very rough. I can go out on the ocean with no problem...but when I go out on Lake Erie I get seasick every time...I quit fighting it, just take meds ahead every time now.
    The only time I can recall getting away with not getting sick, and not having taken meds first, was a short ride on the jet express out to the islands

3. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Ugh, just had one of them in my shop.
    [​IMG]

4. Warner

Warner

I would venture to guess. Most of your clientele isn’t real happy about being at your shop?

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

That brings up a good point...what a unique business, you don't have to please the customer! :thumbs:
    No "the customer is always right" either! As a matter of a fact, you have been wrong so often that a court of law made you come here! :rofl: :lol:

6. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

98% of people are totally cool. Every 50-60 people you get that one, he's over the top. Been threatening litigation for 4-5 months now. In PA, to get the device removed, in the last 60 days you can't any of 3 specific violations and he keeps getting one of them. They have 6 minutes to provide a breath test and he misses and misses. Granted it's never alcohol related but these parameters are set up by the state, not the vendor. I really regret not video recording the apt. I told him I've been nothing but respectful to him and he should in return show me some respect. Went no where.

7. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

You kinda do. If I start getting bad online reviews, business will drop significantly. Word of mouth is a big factor in this industry.

8. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Well, yeah I guess you can't hack their car all up or anything...

9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Had 20'+ waves last week.

10. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

I once (in an Edmund Fitzgerald documentary I believe) heard an experienced sailor say he's never been frightened, except on lake superior.

Some people say "it's only a lake." Think again.

11. tree killer

tree killer

Only time I’ve ever been, I’ll say extremely nauseous, on a boat was crossing the St Lawrence from Matane to Baie Comeau off the Gaspe Peninsula in Quebec. It’s a pretty good ferry ride on a huge ferry across a pretty good sized bay. Didn’t help the night before we were at a gentleman’s club and my father in law who hated beer kept sliding his over to me every time someone bought a round. I don’t recall the hotel that night.

12. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Fresh water waves seem to be steeper and wilder than salt water waves although I am sure a lot of salt water sailors would want to argue the point. We had a small sailboat out on a lake for quite some time before we hit the big salt water straits. It was quite a different experience.

13. Horkn

Horkn

Now that is less concerning :thumbs:

14. Horkn

Horkn

The great lakes are extremely dangerous because the waves hit with greater frequency than ocean waves. Remember the Edmund Fitzgerald? That ship was over 700 feet long and it sunk due to an intense storm in lake Michigan.

15. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

It's hard to imagine lakes that big too.
    We took these pictures at the Soo Locks. 0502221229.jpg
    And then big enough for ships this size 0502221330_HDR.jpg
    It was something else for rhis GA boy to see...

16. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Jesus responds to Martha’s little outburst with gentle, measured, wise words.

Let’s note firstly what Jesus doesn’t say. He doesn’t dismiss Martha’s work as being wrong. Hospitality is important. Jesus and his disciples had just been on a long trip. They needed to be fed – and Martha was doing just that.

To all those “get it done” people who thrive on checking off their to-do lists, God loves you and loves your work ethic. He wants you to work hard and do whatever you do with excellence and for His glory. It’s only when we become consumed with “doing it all” and want all the credit that God becomes a useful add-on rather than the core of our lives.

When Martha asks him, “Lord don’t you care?” Jesus doesn’t respond by saying, “Of course I do. Mary, go help your sister out.”

Instead, in essence, Jesus responds by saying, “Come to me; sit at my feet.”

When we doubt whether He cares, the solution is very simple: go to Him. Spend time with Him. Shut out everything else and turn your eyes upon Jesus. He wants to carry our burdens for us. The invitation is always open.

Lean In

Heavenly Father, Thank You for the open door of prayer always set before me. Thank You for the invitation to lay my burdens at Your feet. Help me to always remember and value that invitation. I don’t have to do this on my own. What a relief! What a friend we have in Jesus! Amen

And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things.
    Lu 10:41 NKJV

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
    Mt 11:28‭-‬30 NKJV

Chaz, savemoney, JD Guy and 10 others like this.
  17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I forgot to tell you, kiddo was riding her bike this weekend with our Griffon (doggie, 30-40 lbs) and there was Bald Eagles cruising above, which is normal here. Except one took a beeline at them, she had been watching them flying when it happened and realized this giant bird was coming at them. She screamed an took her stocking cap off and threw it at the eagle. Came in the door all shook up, not sure if the eagle was going to snatch our dog, or, her stocking cap has a large pom pom of fake fur on the top. Crazy, huh!

18. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Glad your okay, Pike is my favorite after Bass :)

19. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

What exactly do you do?

20. JimBear

JimBear

There have been reports of eagles eating on new born calves around here. The local vet thinks that my brothers dog ( #100 Lab cross ) got in a scrap with a bald eagle over a dead deer.

I would think that your dog was probably the object of the eagles attention but a floppy top stocking hat could of drawn some attention.

I am glad that it was just a startling experience for her & the dog.