In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Longer Available STIHL ms290

Discussion in 'Closed Ads' started by buzz-saw, Dec 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    AA54DF4F-2241-4CA6-B9C7-EB42B4194375.jpeg D430B80E-B60B-4158-B1F5-D6ADFFF8672D.jpeg 6630A489-FCE0-4F41-B24D-656C568FB714.jpeg EAE8FB5C-56B5-429C-A240-6F79AC9AD2A9.jpeg 78E9B3A9-2C73-4ED2-8CE7-A3B092DC040D.jpeg Nice clean and great running saw. This saw has had the OCD maintenance program since it was new.
    Good 18 inch bar and chain
    .325 /.063
    STIHL rs chain on it now

    $350 plus actual shipping charges.

    interested please message me. I would be glad to answer any questions.
     
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  2. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,736
    Likes Received:
    214,829
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
  3. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    Thanks BRAD.
    I try anyway!
     
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,736
    Likes Received:
    214,829
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Amazes me that any used OPE you own doesnt look used!

    Kinda miss my 290. Cut a lot of wood with it. What year did you buy it?
     
  5. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    New from our local dealer in 2012.
    It has been a good saw but the new 261 will be taking it's place.

    500i will easily cover the 391 when that goes

    455 Rancher that has been completely redone also going.
    I have that 50cc range saw covered pretty well now.

    Time for a change.
    I can deliver it to you free of charge if you would like.
     
  6. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,736
    Likes Received:
    214,829
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Bought mine from them Fall 2010. Somehow i knew you were going to offer it to me! Had i known you wanted a 261 i wouldve sold you my extra non mtronic one.
     
  7. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    I was just giving you a hard time.
     
  8. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,736
    Likes Received:
    214,829
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    so are you really getting a 261?
     
  9. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    No.....

    I did.

    Thats why I am having a liquidation sale.
     
  10. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,736
    Likes Received:
    214,829
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Somehow missed that on your sig line. Where and when did you get that? Giant Joke? CMI!
    What is to become of the 550?
     
  11. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,736
    Likes Received:
    214,829
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    GTG with 400's & 261's!!! :saw:
     
  12. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    The one that I sent you a message about checking out sometime.

    Picked it up yesterday.

    550 goes nowhere. I like that one too much and not parting with it. Just need to use it!
     
  13. Eggshooterist

    Eggshooterist

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2021
    Messages:
    7,020
    Likes Received:
    38,121
    Location:
    Erff
    I'm a fanatic about keeping them new looking too. When I die and you get the 241, you will see. Just need to update the will......
     
  14. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,736
    Likes Received:
    214,829
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Very thoughtful of you ES! :handshake: but you are going to outlive me.:BrianK:
     
  15. Eggshooterist

    Eggshooterist

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2021
    Messages:
    7,020
    Likes Received:
    38,121
    Location:
    Erff
    Not so sure about that. :)
     
    buZZsaw BRAD likes this.
  16. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,736
    Likes Received:
    214,829
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    You might be a wood hoarder if...your chain saws are in your will! :rofl: :lol:
     
  17. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,107
    Likes Received:
    163,148
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Would make sense for assets like a Stihl...maybe not so much for others? :whistle: ;) :D :p :rofl: :lol:
     
  18. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    SOLD
     
    buZZsaw BRAD and Chvymn99 like this.
  19. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,736
    Likes Received:
    214,829
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    That was fast! Did he give you visitation rights? Did you offer him the 391?
     
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    buzz-saw likes this.
  20. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    No visitation, I will just have to hold on to the memories.:thumbs:
    It was a great saw but time for an upgrade and thin the herd a little.

    A couple more to go.
     
    buZZsaw BRAD likes this.