In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Longer Available Husqvarna 550XP

Discussion in 'Closed Ads' started by NewToStihl, Aug 30, 2014.

  1. NewToStihl

    NewToStihl

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2014
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,397
    Location:
    Central Indiana
    I have a 550XP I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested. Regarding condition; to each his own, but I would describe it as a nice condition late model saw. To be honest, I'm a Stihl guy, so I don't know much about other brands, but a friend of mine told me this is a fairly recently released model and retails locally for around $550+tax. This particular one came from a local Stihl dealer who took it in on trade.

    Here is what I can tell you . . . it starts easily, runs and cuts strong, oils well, and makes just over 160 psi compression. It has a rim sprocket and currently wears a .325 pitch. Interestingly (remember, I'm a strict Stihl guy) I'm not 100% sure what length the bar is considered to be? To me, the bar measures 17" which I assume means it's an 18", but you guys know better than I do. I can tell you that the chain is a 72DL. I know on a Stihl .325 chain an 18" bar wears a 74DL chain. The chain is probably 95%, but is a semi-chisel.

    Other than simply being a used saw the only issue I can find at all is that the rear bar nut with the integrated retainer apparently came up missing and was replaced with a standard nut.

    Price is $350+shipping & insurance. I can ship USPS, UPS, or FedEx - either based on the most economical option, or the buyer's preference. I'm willing to ship anywhere domestically or internationally. Payment will need to be via PayPal as a gift (or add 3% if not comfortable with gift option) or Postal Money Order. If a PMO is utilized the saw will ship after it is received and successfully cashed.

    The price is firm and I would very much prefer selling the saw outright, but would be willing to consider a trade for a Stihl chainsaw if I would be coming out ahead. This may not sound fair, but my goal is to make money to invest into my saw collection, so even trades are a net loss due to the time invested into making the add and shipping the saw...

    I've taken a bunch of photos for your viewing pleasure that can be seen HERE on Photo Bucket.
     
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  2. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Very nice saw and a very nice price. :thumbs:
     
  3. SquareFile

    SquareFile

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2014
    Messages:
    1,838
    Likes Received:
    6,567
    Location:
    somewhere
    72dl .325 is considered 18" for Husqvarna.
     
  4. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    If those clutch covers didn't scratch so easily it would be a very nice saw. It looks a little better than mine and I paid about the same. It should make someone happy.
     
    SquareFile likes this.
  5. NewToStihl

    NewToStihl

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2014
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,397
    Location:
    Central Indiana
    Thank for that bit of info. I guess Stihl must be over-compensating for something since they need a couple extra drive links! :D
     
  6. SquareFile

    SquareFile

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2014
    Messages:
    1,838
    Likes Received:
    6,567
    Location:
    somewhere
    Not really cause Husqvarna 3/8 in 18" is 68dl and stihl is 66dl. Hard to keep up with for sure
     
  7. NewToStihl

    NewToStihl

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2014
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,397
    Location:
    Central Indiana
    Yeah, I was just joking around...
     
  8. SquareFile

    SquareFile

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2014
    Messages:
    1,838
    Likes Received:
    6,567
    Location:
    somewhere
    I know, it would have been nice if all manufactures would have been on the same page:handshake:
     
  9. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Love the 550xp !!
     
    concretegrazer and SquareFile like this.
  10. cnice_37

    cnice_37

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,211
    Likes Received:
    14,236
    Location:
    SE Mass
    Wow, wake up FHC and buy this!
     
  11. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    This would be a good introduction to AutoTune technology for those of you who have been wanting to try it out!
     
  12. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Amen!!

    You can't get a brand new "Farm Boss/Rancher" for this cost. And the 550xp will make a Farm Boss/Rancher go run and hide. :dex:

    Your saving $200 over new here!! :thumbs: What isn't to like!! :)
     
    Chvymn99 and concretegrazer like this.
  13. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    I even ran mine some this evening. Good little saws.
     
  14. NewToStihl

    NewToStihl

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2014
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,397
    Location:
    Central Indiana
    The only other Husqvarna I'd ever run before this was a small homeowner one; a 235 I believe. This is a nice little saw to run. I'm particularly fond of my Stihl 261, but this would be a contender had I been raised otherwise...
     
    DexterDay likes this.