Hello A slower high current combustion moter speed reduces air to raise the flame when less pellets feed so you get the most heat on low heat levels! The big 5" Harman Double Paddle blades are the best! However a Larger 9 Petal Quadrafire or 11 Petal Kozi Blades are good enough to be a great Low Drafter! There maybe a new Pellet Stove Legend emerging called the "Low Drafter"! Here is why! Sung to the tune of "The Low Rider" All my friends Know the Pellet Stove Low DraftEr The Low DraftEr burns a flame on low heat a little Higher! The Low DraftEr runs his rpms a little LowEr! Because the Low DraftEr has a higher current exhaust BlowEr!! The Low DraftEr knows every pellet stove part YEA !! The Low DraftEr really wants the heat YEA !! The Low DraftEr don't use oil or LP gas Now! The Low DraftEr don't burn pellets to fast Now! Come on Over, Come On Over and SeeE !! Just get close and warm yourself with ME ! !
I will drink to that. Seriously I have rebuilt a Breckwell Big E and an Enviro Mini and got both to run on heat level 1 by making them a Good Low Drafter, so I hope these stove Manufactuers will take notice and make some design upgrades! See http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/for...say-titanium-step-drill-bit.5187/#post-122600
My stove pushes heat on its lowest setting. But it has to blowers for combustion I have yet to even run the Eurostar above 33%. Even then it only runs a short time. The heat exchange system on it, along with the ability to fine tune the burn (with two blowers, you can turn down the exhaust blower so it sucks it through the system slower, but have the combustion blower turned up a little to have a good and hot burn). Remember, a low fire is nice. But if it's starved for air? It won't be as hot.
Great info Dexter, that is why your stove is on the cutting edge of technology and so much more efficient! Also having a small positive draft blower means any slight wear or leakage in fire door or ash door gaskets does not effect the good burn! Great design improvement over the old Combex blower! SBI must have learned that besides just reducing the negative and positive draft equally on lower heat levels that exhausting the smoke at a different speed than feeding the fire makes a better more efficient burn! We all should be aware of that!
I saw you owned a euro back when I got pushed to this site(do not get me wrong,I still belong to both as there are not enough pellet people here).Sounds like you love it.Only researched them a little,never seen one out here.Very expensive,high quality.The europeans are still way ahead of us.I hope that is a unit that will outlast us.Reminds me of the company over ther that produces small hydronic pellet furnaces,vented through pvc like a condensing unit.My old unit does not waste lots of combustion air due to superior design(back then) and things have not gotten much better over here.Don is modding stoves that are old design,and easier to waste heat than get certified.Good for don.You are right about excess air,most stoves have too much at all paremeters.I hope your unit will last a long time.If you do not mind,what did it cost?(ballpark)Thanks,Bob.