In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Aurora Borealis in Southern New England

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Eric Wanderweg, Aug 18, 2022.

  1. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,556
    Likes Received:
    67,793
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
  2. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,698
    Location:
    New Hampshire
  3. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,558
    Likes Received:
    76,374
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    I have yet to see it in NH (been here since the late 50's). A little too far south usually, and when it is visible, there is heavy cloud cover. The clouds moved out yhis morning there was nothing to see.
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    In order for me to see it I have to go for a ride to get out of the woods. I always enjoyed viewing the lights in the UP. Here we don't see them often.
     
    MikeInMa and Eric Wanderweg like this.
  5. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    I've only seen them here in southern Massachusetts once - red, not green. Awesome either way.