After the last two FBM (face book marketplace) scores were a success i was browsing again and found a decent score four minutes from me. No black locust this time. He had a wooded area behind his house cleared. Two week old listing and the easier wood gone but some ash, sugar and red maple made almost a full load that i topped with red cedar. Bigger red cedar saved for milling. Big sugar maple had been bucked to 20-24" but ill cut 16" out of them. He is felling more trees and i get dibs on them. Cut a load yesterday and pulled some of the mill logs today.
For a score that had already been picked over, you still made out really well Great that he's dropping more soon and you'll get to have another go at it again too. What do you do with the cedar, split for kindling/gas station bundles?
Nice score Brad. FB MP pays off for me more than it doesn't. Ya just have to be there right away when you get the OK, @ least that's what I've found.
The lazy hoarders grabbed all the easy stuff and the die hard fought prickers, vines and tangles to retrieve the wood (except the ash) as the tree service had pushed it into piles and one buried with of chips. There was so much cedar (dead & alive) i decided to buck them either for kindling bundles or full cedar "deluxe" bundles for sale next year. Some of the trees to come down are cedars. There was one "mystery wood" and chuckled when i found it buried. I know what it was and saved it for you. Dont get too excited as its not mulberry, but even rarer scrounge.
Every time I see one of your posts, Brad, I find myself a little disappointed at the rolodex of excuses I have tucked away in my mind for why I don't go and scrounge more.
Keep them tucked away! I have a severe hoarding problem! I actually make excuses why i dont hoard more! I could always come out and "motivate" you. Always glad to meet a fellow in state hoarder and go cutting.
The sad thing is i have a few other scores in front of this, but for some odd reason i browse FB looking for more and hit those first. I know there is more than one member here who does the same. If the FB score is BL all bets are off of course.
I'm always looking too, even though I have near unlimited supply of chestnut oaks. If I see a really easy to get score, I'll make it happen.