No pictures of BL today. But, a few pictures while in Chatham. No idea what kind of planes these are, but they had the look of military as they went by A few for WeldrDave at Chatham Light. We stopped for lunch. Clam strip for the Mrs with fish-n-chips for me.
stuckinthemuck may be flying one of those planes!!! very nice pics Mike! I know just where you are. Great eats out there!
Back before this time in 2020 I used to go to country club enterprises the big golf cart company in wareham. One of the guys that worked there used to take me to supper in the off season on the cape. This is a good time of year. Another 5 weeks that place can burn in he!!
I had to go to Buzzards bay then down to woods hole in July once for the USCG Academy trip with some Cadets. Don't get me wrong, the area IS beautiful but MY GOD, the traffic and people was completely insane. I've been out to the USCG station in Chatham a couple times and that area is awesome as well. After Memorial day though,
We get to the Cape multiple times a year. It doesn’t take long to figure out which roads to take and which to avoid. In Woods Hole, we avoid ALL roads. The place is sooooo congested.
Yup, you just gotta plan travel time around the mutants. Most people don’t get up and moving before 10 am.
Not so sunny today. So, I headed off to walk a beach. I found a couple pieces of sea glass. My SIL collects it. I was walking the surf line. Then I found a couple of beached, dead dolphins, of some sort. One had numbers on it. I'm guessing once washed ashore, some maratine group must study decomp. I left the pics small should anyone be sensitive to such things. But, definitely not something I see every day.
Sea gulls have been at the eyes and soft tissue. They usually bloat then sink off shore when they die. They were close inshore when they passed, Sadly disease gets them because they are generally a hearty species. Most of the time they die of pneumonia.