In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Work 4 Sunday

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Aug 9, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    With the last shot of summer coming to the east coast in another week, this song popped in to the skull.
     
    HDRock and Locust Post like this.
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Summer breeze,
    Makes me feel fine.......
    :D
     
    thewoodlands, HDRock and Locust Post like this.
  3. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    That's a gooder song right there...We've been having a little summer breeze last few days, 86º yesterday and 88º today. Thunderstorms moving in tonight but the temps are supposed to hang for at least a week, I'll take it even if I don't get the rest split and stacked by my goal of end of Aug.
     
    thewoodlands and papadave like this.
  4. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I don't know what the temps are up in upper NY state but down here they are stuck in the mid-70's all week.
    It's almost like summer has already started to slowly slip away, and it's only the 19th of Aug.
     
    papadave likes this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I did get the Cherry rolled down the hill then I went scrounging for some Ironwood, after the Ironwood I loaded up some Sugar Maple, we had 41 degrees this morning............75 this afternoon.

    I think the camera was on the wrong setting (operator error) so there not that good.
     

    Attached Files:

  6. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Sounds like about the right temp for a little wood gathering Zap. I took the dog for a swim in the pool and then decided to split regardless of the therm showing 87º. Split about 1/3 of a cord and hauled it over to the neighbor, then back in the pool for 10 minutes.....don't get much better than that.
     
  7. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Familiar song :)
     
    thewoodlands and papadave like this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The pool sounds great, we grew up on the St.Lawrence River (camp) so we were always on the water.

    With the weather cooling off, I can start cutting again! :loco: :crazy:
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Since fall is around the corner, you gotta dig the dancers!
     
    Backwoods Savage, papadave and HDRock like this.
  10. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,192
    Location:
    Central MI
    41 degrees is beginning to sound great! Looks like we'll be warming up into the 80's for about 5 days but humid because of chance of showers every day after tomorrow. I'd best be getting a nice ride on my bike tomorrow!
     
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We had 85 earlier, heavy rains coming in before 8.

    They have a special weather statement up for this area.
     
  12. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Looks like I couldn't have picked a better time to get fixed up.........we're due for several days of possible rain and t-storms.:thumbs:
     
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    After today we're in for some hot weather for a good week, it's time we finish the Brook work so it won't feel so cold.

    I hope the fixin goes "GOODER".
     
  14. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,192
    Location:
    Central MI
    Right on Dave. Every day except one for the next week is expected to be wet.
     
    thewoodlands and papadave like this.
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We're looking at a the rest of August being real nice if the forecast is correct.
     
  16. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,192
    Location:
    Central MI
    I could hardly believe this morning when I looked at the forecast. Where they were saying rain every day except one, now there is no rain in the forecast. Supper muggy though so it is not nice working outdoors. Still an overabundance of skeeters too. They seem to really multiply in this weather.
     
  17. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It looks like tomorrow will be spent splitting the Cherry but before that I'll need to roll the rounds down more.
     
  18. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    All the Cherry I rolled down is split, pic 9872 is after I rolled them down, pic 9873 is the lane I cleared out so I could roll them down, 9875 are the splits.

    I still have the Maple up on the hill with more Cherry rounds to be cut.
     

    Attached Files:

  19. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Cool and rainy here........ not so good cutting weather, at least the rainy part......
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  20. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Today will be our start of a nice run of hot weather, the Brook will feel real cold today.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.