In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Black Betty heard an echo

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Locust Post, Mar 5, 2022.

  1. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Not a bad morning for a little cherry. Took 3 saws but ended up doing it all with the 620.
    PXL_20220305_151326687.jpg PXL_20220305_152431497.jpg PXL_20220305_164244460.jpg
     
  2. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Even found some metal
    PXL_20220305_171932403.MP.jpg
     
  3. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,749
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Good looking wood....

    Hows the knee?
     
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    let's just say it was tellin' me a little story by the time I was done
     
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,348
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    I can hear it already....

    "I'm not one to complain but those pieces of wood are too heavy for the two of us"
     
  6. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,453
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    ...Black Betty had a job!!!....
    Get loaded with logs!!
     
  7. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    And we were just talking about the monster mauls.
    PXL_20220305_155403168.jpg
     
  8. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    For some reason it won't let me upload this picture from my phone. Had a heck of a lean to it.
    IMG_20220305_191438.jpg
     
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  9. Sirchopsalot

    Sirchopsalot

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2020
    Messages:
    3,151
    Likes Received:
    19,196
    Location:
    medium city in CT
    Thats awesome!
    Half a cord outta that?
    I have yet to burn any cherry here. But I have a piece or two seasoning.
    Sca
     
  10. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I'd say your right half a cord. I always have my fair share of cherry. Pretty plentiful around here.
     
  11. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,750
    Likes Received:
    214,897
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Some sweet looking wood there LP! A 16" DBH tree will yield approximately a half cord. Too bad about the metal. Loves to play hide and seek in trees.
     
  12. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    That is no monster. It is a killer!
     
  13. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I don't like swinging it like I used to but was sure glad I had it with me because I forgot my ramp to roll big ones in the truck.
     
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2022