I just bought 4 rolls of 48"wide strip door material, 200lbs a roll !!. I'm going to use some as partitions for chips, coolant and general mess containment. But I started wondering how it would work as stack top covers. It's pretty tough stuff and somewhat transparent and uv resistant. So what say you all ?
Thanks Eric. I figured it would work but wasn't sure if it would create condensation or not. Found out that 6 more rolls will be up for auction. Trying to figure out more uses for the stuff. Probably do ok as a small greenhouse covering, maybe ??
It sounds like a great idea. I like Eric VW idea of making panels and then putting them together to make walls and the roof. The roof panels could be sealed at the joints/seams with strips of the material.
Extrusions generally tig fine. We go through butt loads of aluminum tube, channels and plates. Yes I'm a auction addict. I'm close to a Grainger returned freight auction house. For example the rolls are over $500 each and I got them for under $80.
I still like the redneck greenhouse idea that I saw here somewhere a few years ago...just take some hog panels and form a standing hoop, stake the bottoms down, rinse and repeat as needed to get the length you desire, then cover with heavy mil clear plastic. The only issue is the 16' long panels don't allow for enough head room for tall guys...or 'squauch's
I at one time was thinking about a rectangular 8'L x 4'W x 8' tall greenhouse. Each 8' side made up from 2, 4' wide doors. So you never actually go inside but can reach everything from the door. Instead of a rectangle maybe some kind of "gon" made from 4' doors. Pentagon could be cool looking. But how many gons before you can't reach the center ?