Fixing up one of the many 372xps and I noticed that the spring shock absorber was broken near the handle on the flywheel side of the saw. As I was taking it apart I noticed that there is a peg basically in the middle of the saw pointing towards the clutch that had a thin rubber sleeve on it and it fit right into a very large (~1") cutout. I've pointed them out here and I can't seem to figure out if there is a missing piece that is supposed to be there. Any ideas BuckthornBonnie huskihl? The rubber sleeve was on the peg originally although in the picture it slipped off. I looked at this ipl: https://www.hlsproparts.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/IPL-372XP-X-TORQ_2018-04.pdf
The rubber sleeve goes on the peg but I believe it’s on the recoil side of the case. It serves as an AV limiter On the spring, I can’t really tell but you may be able to thread the plastic back into the spring and use it the way it is
It says "cover" hahaha. Wth. Ah a limiter ok. I forgot to mention the second to last pic is a replacement spring my buddy brought over. The old one was unusable as the threaded part had snapped off the spring. Saw is back together now. Thanks.