In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. rottiman

rottiman

Complete with handles on top of the hood so they have someplace to hook the chains on to pull it up on the flat bed...........:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

2. tree killer

tree killer

Saw a new Jeep wagoneer at Bessey Motors in Paris a couple weeks ago. $92k. Even the owner of the dealership said it’s nuts. They own Emerson’s in Auburn and his wife drives a Tahoe with comparable options for way less money.

3. savemoney

savemoney

4. savemoney

savemoney

The two rides I have now I bought new in 2011 and 2017. Prices are horrid now. More than I paid for my house back in '75. I have 100,000 on the 2011 with an anything mechanical lifetime warrantee. The 2017 has 34,000 miles on it. We have slowed down a lot and don't drive more than about 7000 miles a year total. My plan now is to hang onto them for as long as I can. Don't know when we will be forced into an EV. My goal is to maintain reliable transportation. I don't give a darn about the age etc. I try to keep them clean and in good repair.

5. Horkn

Horkn

Yeah, I've seen 1 in person on the road. I guarantee that 60k sticker had an ADM ( dealer markup) on it. A loaded 2 door is only about 45-50k. Dealers have been gouging and putting $10,000-15,000 dealer markups on them. Some really unscrupulous dealers are getting those that reserved one, ordered one, then waited to have it arrive, then those bad dealers are getting those that didn't get signed agreement for final price on a technicality that the build sheet with the cost, doesn't equate to what the dealer will actually sell it for. There's a few very publicized examples out there.

I'm intrigued by the new bronco. I've had a few of them and would love another. Ideally, my wife gets a new bronco, that way I can still have a truck. It sounds like the bronco pickup that was a possibility is DOA from Ford, at least for now.

We'll more than likely wait a bit though, because new products, especially now with the supply chain issues that every company is dealing with, can have more wrinkles than they should.

6. lukem

lukem

They have a 2-door Bronco in the local dealer's showroom. I was in there the other day getting my van worked on and checked it out. Sticker was $55K. It wasn't that many years ago that would buy you a 4 door, 4WD, diesel, dually.

7. Horkn

Horkn

Lol. They are tie down anchors for kayaks, canoes, etc, as well as limb risers for off roading.

8. lukem

lukem

I have heard the used car market is kinda nuts right now so out of curiosity I decided to look up and see what one of my vehicles is selling for. Yikes.

5 years ago I paid $28K...now the exact same year/mileage/options is selling for $38K - $45K. I thought it was worth maybe $22-25K on a good day with a full tank of gas.

Strange stuff going on out there.

9. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Heard on the radio yesterday that in some markets, with the right incentives (why they would even be giving incentives right now I dunno) you can buy new cheaper than used!

10. rottiman

rottiman

Being a Ford I'll stick with the tow chain hooks.......................:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

11. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

"Tow hooks" are on the back end of Fords...and put there for towing ;) :p

12. rottiman

rottiman

13. Horkn

Horkn

If it was a first edition, or absolutely loaded no options not checked, sure they could be 55k even without any BS markups. Right now, they can ask what they want with how the roll out has gone on the bronco.

14. Horkn

Horkn

There's no incentives now on anything that I've looked at. I read this article about it earlier this month.
    "Chip Crisis Lets Automakers, Dealers Offer Fewer Deals" Chip crisis lets automakers, dealers offer fewer deals

15. Horkn

Horkn

16. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Grandfather is losing it........

Me and mom are here for the night, I wouldn't be able to be here alone now.....I don't know if this means he's getting ready to die, or going to hang on for a while yet....hard to say knowing him.

17. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    A very hard time for both you and your mom.

18. rottiman

rottiman

Can't like that. Stay strong.

19. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

As bad as it sounds to say, he's better off gone with grandmother now. He seemed OK last weekend when dad was here.....like a broken record maybe, starting the same conversation over because he doesn't remember the first time, but otherwise OK.

Now....he's speaking in riddles for lack of a better word and seems to be talking about selling his house.....where he's planning on going, I don't know.

20. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    He might be talking about better times when he knew who, where and what was happening. My mother-in-law was always talking about going home and trying to escape the house. I finally figured out she really wanted to get back to a time when she knew and could understand all that was happening around her.