In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The junk Gods have giveth, where's the rest!

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by WeldrDave, Oct 27, 2013.

  1. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    I just came back from our local recycle center, I was chucking some old wood and the usual "LEAVES" :mad: this time of year….. I can never help my self but I look into the metal scrap and LAAAAAAAAA:drool:…….

    What do I see……. so I expedishly climbed in to the dumpster, "at 51" mind you, and dug for the rest.
    Not happening!, so the recycle guy say's ain't you alittle old for trash picking:emb:, lucky I knew him.

    Oh well, I got this 28" bar, DAM now I gotta go out and cut a big tree:cool:
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    YOU SUCK :p ! Nice find Dave what saw you putting it on ?
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  3. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    It's in good shape? What the hell did they through it away for?
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  4. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    I have know idea why or who chucked it? That's why I jumped in looking for the rest! Pete, I have that 441 mag that has the 25" bar, might try it on that, "but" if you remember, I bought that 390 that had the fried piston, might give it a whirl on that also. At any rate it was free:D…. It's not bent, tip rolls fine, no missing teeth, It is a bit rusty in the chain channel but that can be cleaned. My thoughts are, it was sitting in someones garage or basement and just got tired of looking at it, I was just at the right place at the right time.:thumbs: I will say at this place, if you sit long enough some will eventually thow out a new Harley, One of the guy's that works there I went to school with found a 1939 Indian motor.
     
    Pallet Pete and Gasifier like this.
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    :eek: Unbelievable. o_O
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  6. Boog

    Boog

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    1,181
    Likes Received:
    2,600
    Location:
    Where my spirit is free
    I got 7 years on you and think nothing of diving into a dumpster for a good find either. Keep up the great scrounging!
     
  7. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    I never pass up a good find either.I will worry about any stiff muscles or scratches/scrapes after claiming my prize.

    First things first!!!
     
    jetjr, Boog, HDRock and 2 others like this.
  8. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Great find..... I'd ask my normal question? But it's getting old!! LOL

    I don't mind a dumpster dive. Especially when you come out with a $100 Bar!!
     
    jetjr, WeldrDave and HDRock like this.
  9. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Your 390 isn't going to oil that bar.... The 441 however should do just fine with the oiler set to max.
     
    WeldrDave and Boog like this.
  10. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Thanks for the insite! I wasn't aware of that. I have only used the bars that came with the saws.