In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Thank you....

Dad is taking a turn looking after grandfather this weekend.

they're having a conversation now. Grandfather doesn't seem coherent at all times....

2. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

sounds like busy job with lots of job security

3. mat60

mat60

I no its very hard to have a loved one thats not well. Im sorry what your dealing with. Hang in there.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  4. savemoney

savemoney

We put in the full view doors also. The cats really like them. I didn't get the grids because of how labor intensive they can be to clean. Little noses on them mess them up frequently.

5. savemoney

savemoney

I will tell you they are among the most bought and driven cars by home care nurses. You wouldn't believe the roads people live on in the woods and by the lakes. Those cars are dependable for driving and not needing constant repairs. I would own one but the wife won't have it. Being retired, it doesn't matter any more. If the roads aren't good, I don't go. My son has two wheel drive vehicles so I know we can get out in an emergency. Winters here have been more about ice than snow. No car is good on ice.

6. lukem

lukem

Spent the week in the smokey mountains. Had a great time.

Up early tomorrow to go hunting.

7. savemoney

savemoney

Talk about living on the road. That sounds like a truck driver. Not for me anymore. Hard to go anywhere without seeing someone making some stupid moves on the road. Most common ones I see are unsafe speed, lane changes, and passing.

8. yooperdave

yooperdave

HA! You heard that too, huh? :rofl: :lol:

Back in the 90's, a guy I worked with had an outback and he thought the world of it.

But, I did hear about the head gasket issues.

9. yooperdave

yooperdave

Quiet evening tonight for a friday.

Is FHC corporate having the annual meeting tonight and once again forgot to send me the invitation? :(

10. bogieb

bogieb

My back door is in that design, I love it for bird (and squirrel) watching and the cats think it is their own personal TV. It was already installed when I moved in, and was not close to new then, but the window seals still seem to be good.

The only thing I did to it was put in a lever handle that has a built in keypad lock. I can say that there have been a couple of times that I was glad I installed that tape of lock. The previous owner left the roll down shade, which probably needs to be replaced soon.

11. bogieb

bogieb

My door has the grids between the two plates of glass so cleaning is easy. I didn't even think that the door might have outside grids - those are a pain. A couple of years ago when my night job was cleaning dental/medical offices, the dental office had an entry door and an intermediate door (between entry/public bathroom and waiting area) that had those outside grids. they collected kids prints like there was a cash reward for the most achieved. Cleaning the corners of each square was the pits.

12. bogieb

bogieb

Last weekend, coming back from Winchester, NH, I was watching a white car behind me passing people and going WAY over the speed limit (I know, because the traffic I was following was going over and he flew up behind me). He then proceeded to drive on my azz, like it would make me go faster - with cars in front of me :picard:. He passed me on a double yellow line - seems he couldn't wait for the two lane passing zone that was just up ahead. He literally ended his pass within feet of the 2-lane opening up and screamed past the vehicles in front of me (let me reiterate, we had been going at least 5 mph over the posted limit). I thought to myself he was going to cause an accident.

Sure enough, a bit down the road, I passed this scene. There were plenty of people stopped and helping (others just either rubbernecking or stayed as witnesses). I could tell what happened by the way the vehicles were; he went to pass, didn't see the truck coming the other way (probably because he was on the azz of a vehicle taller than him), went under the truck's front bumper causing the truck to flip. Someone was airlifted out and both drivers went to the hospital via ambulance.

From the linked website )(there are 3 pictures at the link)

Accident in Soddard.JPG

Interesting that the victim vehicle's driver was from Wnchester, where I had left from earlier.

13. rottiman

rottiman

:yes::yes::yes:

14. tree killer

tree killer

Trust me, I see it all. Bad thing nowadays is I only have Maine and New Hampshire north of Laconia. I can be in fort Kent today and kittery tomorrow then have places in Calais and Bethel. Definitely hit all four corners.

15. tree killer

tree killer

Just look around. Them outback’s attract them I think.

16. tree killer

tree killer

We had one of those on 95 earlier this week. Apparently he needed to pass in the breakdown lane because the other two lanes were going too slow. Bummer there was a bridge in the way. IdiotsAccident shuts down I-95 northbound in Waterville for over an hour Tuesday evening

17. yooperdave

yooperdave

Happy birthday to Mag Craft !! Relax today!

[​IMG]

18. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

19. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

20. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

X3