In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

NEW YORK STATE WOODSMEN'S FIELD DAYS

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack Straw, Aug 4, 2014.

  1. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Wow. Yah, a large one would be nice to dry and save or sell. I've cut and kept even small burl pieces for turnings and carvings. I have a few crotch burls and cherry burls sitting around waiting for the next project.
     
  2. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    I saved some huge crotch slabs from a cherry I cut over the winter......I also have some of that antique pine and a piece of chestnut for ya. Now to find a way to ship that 150lb box to Massachusetts....
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  3. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Will it fit in a flat rate box? :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  4. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,613
    Location:
    IN
    Only if he runs it through the stove first.