Maybe it was something that came from the sky, like the Tunguska event in Siberia? The Tunguska Impact--100 Years Later | Science Mission Directorate
Didn't something like this happen not long ago? I think someone was setting off dynamite or some big arse fireworks? I think a couple of NH members here felt that one too.... Anyone notice how some strange loud explosions and shaking started occurring after WeldrDave bought some land up there?
I think you're thinking of the knucklehead that set off 80 pounds of Tannerite at a gender reveal party. Explosion in New Hampshire quarry latest gender-reveal stunt gone wrong - ABC News
I probably did, just figured it was someone working on their property around me - there has been a lot of work going on in the couple of blocks around me so I hear loud bangs all the time, some of which shake the house. I noticed at least one of the people reporting it was specifically from my town - plus my town is right in the middle of the reporting area. Seismology didn't report any activity so not an earth quake. No planes capable of setting off a sonic boom in the area, so best guess is a meteorite. Since it was heavily overcast, wouldn't have seen the fireball. But, they said we may never really know.
A few years ago i was at my desk at home and heard a "sonic" ba-boom that shook the house and ground. I thought the quarry was blasting but it was Saturday afternoon and i drove over and everything was locked up and no one around. Never heard anyone mention it. No news reports... I speculated military jet flying high at speed. Never thought about a meteor entering the atmosphere, but hat makes sense.