In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. tree killer

tree killer

Here in this wonderful state of useless mindless laws, starting January 1 all ATV trails will be limited to 65” width and 2500 pounds for any new registration but if you have it registered now it will be grandfathered until you sell it and then it will no longer be legal to register. We get some real peaches on the trails here, we have thousands of miles of ATV and snowmobile trails covering the state, I’ve seen an old AMF Harley sportster 883 registered as a dirt bike on the trail and an Isuzu Amigo with the doors ripped off. It takes all kinds to make the world go round and some are spinning faster than others.

2. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Hi everyone, it’s been quite a while since I’ve been on. The double vision had finally let up at the end of summer with the exception of when I’m tired or first wake up. At least the worst of that is over. My arthritis has been really keeping me down and I guess the fact it’s progressing is starting to settle in. I didn’t feel much like going on the site, and it was no way that I didn’t miss you all, it’s just I did not feel like chatting much. I thank Backwoods Savage, (Dennis) for checking in on me during this time. He’s a good man.

Things here being what they are I had to buy two cord last week to at least let me start on next year and beyond. Heating oil has already gone up to $3.15 a gallon and I’m sure it’ll get much worse. So glad we put that wood stove in back then and can at least keep ourselves warm even if I have to buy supplemental wood. Still cheaper than oil. I felt like doing some stacking and my son helped. Got about half a cord done and I had enough. Getting older really has its bad points sometimes. I’m hoping to use the splitter to split what we bucked last year. At least that was free wood. Lol.

Hope everyone has been well during the summer and that the fall has started off without any problems. I’ll hopefully be around here again as we all look forward to the cooler and colder weather. As soon as the leaves start turning and there’s a bit of fog in the morning I remember how I’d look forward to getting out in the woods to hunt. I’m sure lots of you have been practicing with your bows and sighting in your slug-guns and rifles. It’s a good time of year. Stay safe out there everyone.

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

Nice to hear from you, Al!

4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Thanks Al and it is great seeing you back on the forum. I hope you are able to get more wood rather than using oil for heat.

I've hunted a few times. Then about 1/2 hour ago a neighbor stopped in with his tractor. We were standing near our front porch talking when I looked toward one of the barns and saw a beer go through. In a short time we saw 3 walking along the ridge only about 30 yards from us. they did not seem concerned. Probably know I'm not a good shot. lol

5. tree killer

tree killer

Come on Dennis. You can’t let those beers just wander around aimlessly. Time to grab them and get them into the fridge for safe keeping.

6. Sourwood

Sourwood

Still south at the tree farm. I recently learned of a walk in lake, and was anxious to fish it. I wheeled my kayak back a half mile but it was worth it.
    I was treated to a Bald Eagle soaring above. A treat in Indiana. Caught a bunch of red ear larger than my hand.

Came home for a relaxing beer and found a guest, after I had walked to the far end of the deck. She eventually meandered on her way. I quickly eliminated as a copperhead but have seen this pattern on a water snake. That likely is what it is. Anyone have an idea?

F63CE819-488C-4781-A333-908989D8F9DF.jpeg 7CAEB936-4A82-42BF-BF03-622F6CA931C2.jpeg

7. yooperdave

yooperdave

Cut some more of those infernal willows this evening after supper. Then, burnt them!

IMG_20211007_171539629.jpg

This is whats left after all the branches were offered up. Even had the opportunity to throw some of the trunk on the fire. Fish weren't biting even though a front was coming in.

brenndatomu Here is the pic of the trucks resting in their new home. You get a better size perspective now, huh?

IMG_20211007_193955761.jpg IMG_20211007_193935063.jpg

And finally, a pic of the sunset on a nice mild evening!

IMG_20211007_181710972_HDR.jpg

8. rottiman

rottiman

9. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Yes...still short on the outside, but not as much as I thought...that should be handy as a shirt pocket though! :thumbs:

10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

HI AL!! I'm so glad you checked in and that it's easing. We sure did miss you and I really appreciate you checking in :) Do what you do for you, and we'll be here, btw, I just bought 3 cords for next year too :)

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

WOW what a beautiful place Dave!

12. Horkn

Horkn

There it is!!!
    beer-4481_e8b66_hd.jpeg

13. Horkn

Horkn

Looks like a black rat snake.

14. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Hey Heidi, how are you? Yes it is good to be back and I missed you guys as well. Being back is cheering me up already.

15. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Gotta be careful, Dennis, them thar beers can be dangerous. :whistle:

16. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Thanks very much. Good to be back.

eatonpcat, savemoney, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  17. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

That's a good snake. Black rat snake, love to eat vermin and will also eat copperhead and small rattlers, similar to a king snake

18. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

NortheastAl. Welcome back, brother. Nice to hear from you again . You were missed. Glad to hear your vision has gotten better. Hate to hear Arthur is worse. This crew can keep ya laughing.

19. bogieb

bogieb

Sometimes being amongst virtual friends can bring peace of mind. Being on this forum is much, much better than FB or other virtual media. A lot of that has to do with the fact that people actually care here and will let you be you and either talk, or just sit back and soak in the conversations and atmosphere. It sounds like you need some "dose of normality" to help you deal with you trials.

Glad your double vision is clearing up, it must have been incredibly frustrating and a bit scary with the amount of time it takes for things like that to settle down. Sorry that your arthritis is flaring up and hampering your activities.

eatonpcat, savemoney, Horkn and 9 others like this.
  20. Midwinter

Midwinter