In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pine Trip

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Aug 3, 2014.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,180
    Location:
    Central MI
    Well, well. It appears you folks are being blessed again with some rain....
     
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I see western NY is getting pounded with rain, we have some clouds moving in, maybe some rain around dinner time so it might be another night off?
     
  3. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Looks like a night off here. Raining steady.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nothing yet here but I still took the night off. Starting tomorrow I'll be hitting the woods daily, weather permitting.

    Tomorrow my plans are to grab the downed Red Maple and the Ironwood hanging from the tree, after that it's back after the nice size Cherry I started.

    The days I'm not in the woods, I'll be stacking.
     
    Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.
  5. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    As soon as I said that it quit so I did get something done.
     
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    And you showed the pics to prove it.:thumbs:
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm thinking this might be a small Sugar Maple, I hauled out 24 rounds tonight with the top and the trunk still up there.

    I also ripped down this Ironwood that was split off of the main trunk, I had hauled the rest out over a month ago.

    I would've done more but dinner was at 6:30.
     

    Attached Files:

  8. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Looks like a winner.....dinner in a few minutes for me and then stack a little. Had to mow after work, that's every 3 to 4 days with all the rain we've been blessed with.
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    My wife likes mowing so it's once every year for me. :) I did notice another Sugar Maple that lost its top from the ice storm, it's near that Cherry I started working about a week ago, my plan is to work a couple hours each night... one full day on the weekend, two if I can.
     
  10. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    My wife doesn't mow, not that she wouldn't but she works full time and handles other stuff.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    So, let me get this straight.......you gave up more firewood for food?
    Are you feelin' ok?:rofl: :lol:
     
  12. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,180
    Location:
    Central MI
    But his wife is a good cook.
     
  13. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Zuchini lasagna and then got my stacking done. Have to decide where to stack next so I can split some more. All my regular areas are over full.
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It was nothing special, just a breakfast dinner. You best show up when the food is on the table, she might eat my food if I don't show up!
     
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    What happens in your house when the food is on the table and you don't show up on time?
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  16. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I'm the cook, so I'm always there when the food shows up.
    Pretty convenient.:thumbs:
     
    DaveGunter and Backwoods Savage like this.
  17. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    When you say "you best show up", did you mean me? I'll come up in a heart beat for a breakfast dinner!
     
  18. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    No, I meant Dawn!
     
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I grabbed the rest of the top of the downed tree from yesterday, I also grabbed the small Sugar in the first picture.....I dropped what was left standing (pic 9784) I hauled out 50 rounds, the small rounds from the small Sugar in picture 9782 will go for the outside fireplace.
     

    Attached Files:

  20. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Steady as she goes....just like the ant. No wood for me tonight, decided to clean the weeds out of the lanscape, 2 wheel barrows full. Going to try for a little get together on Saturday around the pool, make some homemade ice cream for the homemade blueberry pie.