In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Rocket stove for Chinese style cooking

Discussion in 'Rocket Stoves & Rocket Mass Heaters' started by Hoytman, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Hoytman

Hoytman

I’d like to have a single burner, or even a double burner, rocket stove built to do some Chinese cooking on.

I need to research how many btu’s some of those super hot Chinese burners are and them try and build something equivalent to be used with wood fuel. I would think this would be possible using only a little wood and far less gas. Besides, I have the wood available. I’d have to buy one of those big burners plus lots of fuel to use it. I already have plenty of wood and by building a rocket stove to fit my needs I can also custom build it tailored to what I want.

Obviously, it’ll be built for outside use. It will also be built just like those fancy stoves they use with round woks with a water faucet and all. I might even configure it so that if I choose I could later fuel it with a burner and propane. Right now I want to focus on a powerful heater with little wood. If I use wood that is long, then I can add or remove the wood for more or less heat, or to remove the wood altogether to stop cooking.

Anyone have any idea how big of a rocket stove I’d need to match one of those powerful and huge Chinese burners??

Camber, SimonHS and wildwest like this.
  2. moresnow

moresnow

No idea how to advise on the design. Definitely think a get together for chow is in order after it's built:whistle: Mmmmmm.

Chaz, MikeInMa, Hoytman and 1 other person like this.
  3. SimonHS

SimonHS

Here are some links to relevant information. You might be able to modify one of these designs using whatever materials you have to hand.

Sustainable Energy

27 Insanely Cool DIY Rocket Stove Plans For Cooking With Wood

link to peter van deberg's calculations for rocket stoves/mass heaters? (rocket mass heater forum at permies)

Chaz, Hoytman, Camber and 1 other person like this.
  4. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Chaz likes this.