The brook on my property rose up about 5 or 6 feet during the storm. The water was absolutely raging. I went out to check on it and I could not see a 4' grate at all. Here's a pic when I first saw it way higher than I've ever seen it before. I went at it with a tined hoe which was just about too short. I dropped it in there twice but luckily I was able to fish it out with my hookaroon. I don't think I did much but maybe I managed to jar it loose because soon after it started to go down. And here's what it looks like now. DPW installed that grate to prevent larger rocks from floating down and clogging up the neighbor's culvert which is half the diameter of mine. But now mine clogged up with vines, leaves, twigs, and garbage. Here's the backyard and a white oak branch fell down and impaled the ground and my compost pile. Luckily it did not hit the roof of the house. The wind wasn't that bad at all. But man we got a lot of rain!
Yeah it wasn't as bad as the news made it out to be for sure. But the raging brook sure was a sight to see. I am glad I didn't fall in hahahaha.
You should use some of those sucky new plaskit pallets you picked up to bridge the treacherous waterway....
It was a not event here. Kinda let down as i was hoping to get some chain saw work from it. I was really pumped up Thursday into Friday. If there was wind over 20 mph that was it and today too. Close to 4" of rain between yesterday and today. The river down below is up but during Elsa in overflowed its banks. Im one town North of New Haven.
Sunflowers took the brunt at our place. I was encouraged to stand this one back up since not all the root ball was in the air.
Due to storm, I was up at 0500. Finished a wood pile that was covered but not finished stacking. Stacked it quick, got it properly covered & added additional tiedowns to another stack. I too was looking for a better test of my workmanship, or lack thereof. Visited my folks a couple town over around noon, and found a road impassable due to a fallen tree. Dear wife and I made short work of it. No pics...it was in a sketchy corner of road, and the trees were bending good. I spent more time watching for id10t'5 and eyeballing the trees...... Sadly, we never lost power. But we were ready ish. Sca
we do grow them for seed. And they’re easy to grow so we can still feel we’re doing ok when everything else is struggling. The one trussed up is a actually a volunteer that came up in the garlic.
Hope you gave them all a pickle before they left! They ended up in this thread Skeeter. Scroll through it! Racing fans anyone?
Definitely didn’t bring much wind anywhere but parts of north Jersey and NYC got close to 10” of rain
We got a half inch of rain Sunday when Henri went by west of us with maybe some 40 mile an hour winds for an hour or so, but last night Henri remnants went almost right over us and we got a little over an inch of rain with some pretty good lightning and thunder . Henri didn't care too much for the northerly part of the weatherguesser's track prediction and played tourist in NY/NJ/CT but other than that the track was somewhat close to the predicted one(s).
You didnt miss much. One of the least memorable tropical events i can remember. Did Irene hit you in 2011? I know Vermont was hit real hard with flooding from it.
Yes Irene hit here with trees down!! I was not impacted as some area. I live in lake valley much less damage than river valley towns. Waterbury and Bethel for example steep hills on both side to river. Most roads go sideways horizontal on hills, culverts under roads clog. Water is amazingly powerful