In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Done for now

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Biddleman, Aug 16, 2021.

  1. Biddleman

    Biddleman

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2019
    Messages:
    3,069
    Likes Received:
    24,193
    Location:
    River Hills of Pennsylvania
    Had a pile of logs from my sister and BIL's place. They were dropped off by a friend of his in middle of may. I was able to buck most of it than, but between work, kid's activities, vacation and the heat, it was a slooooow process to get it split and stacked. I hand split everything.
    Mainly BL, with some mulberry. Had a few poplar logs but stacked them separate. I did add a few splits and some cherry to help fill the stack.
    I would say shy of 2.5 cord, including the poplar when all said and done.

    Won't split now until December. I have a bath remodel on my list and archery is around the corner. But I still will scrounge.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,747
    Likes Received:
    214,885
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Nice stacks! :thumbs:Looks like you made some good progress. Loving that dead BL. :drool:
    I hear you about the heat. Not much fun making firewood under the conditions weve had this Summer.
     
  3. Biddleman

    Biddleman

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2019
    Messages:
    3,069
    Likes Received:
    24,193
    Location:
    River Hills of Pennsylvania
    Thanks Brad. Some of that BL was twisted. Which I really haven't had before. Usually it's straight as can be. But it was nothing compared to the mulberry. Good grief that was a pain to split and stack.
     
  4. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    Sounds like a reasonable amount of progress.

    Maybe next Summer we'll have the usual snow storms and cold weather.
     
  5. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,840
    Likes Received:
    114,720
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Nice looking pile of rounds and stack of splits. Lots of effort there! Enjoy the looks of it when you can.
     
  6. Biddleman

    Biddleman

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2019
    Messages:
    3,069
    Likes Received:
    24,193
    Location:
    River Hills of Pennsylvania
    One can only hope!:shiver:
     
  7. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,698
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Now that the temps are starting to drop it’s time to get back at it for me. Took a couple months off.
     
  8. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    It can wait a little longer yet.
     
  9. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Right on. I have to start getting ready.
     
  10. Biddleman

    Biddleman

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2019
    Messages:
    3,069
    Likes Received:
    24,193
    Location:
    River Hills of Pennsylvania
    Me too. Some real dandies showing up on camera. Hope they stick around