The smell of fall and a chill in the air today along with the visual. Winter will be here before you know it.
I agree Tom. I just came back from the UP and saw several places where color is beginning to show. Even here at home, across the road I see a large burning bush that is showing some red already. In northern MI it is very common for some areas to show a good amount of red early in August and yes, in late July. When I lived near Gaylord I always looked forward to this time of year because so many soft maples started turning.
On the two trips to Alaska I've taken, I remember seeing the leaves starting to turn in early-mid August. Nice time to be up there. Daytime highs were still in the 60s-70s (especially in the interior) but I can remember the overnights dropping well into the low 40s. Then taking a plane back to southern New England, stepping outside the airport into the high 80s/low 90s felt like walking into a sauna.
I saw some spots last week that were turning color. I refused to acknowledge it, but now there is this thread!!!!
Our evening and overnight temps are just starting to get a little nicer. I sure won’t miss this oppressive heat. Yesterday it wasn’t overwhelmingly high temps but the humidity was nasty. I went outside to trim our huge willow and in that time my shirt became soaked.
Yeah! It poured on us and the sun was fully out. Pretty neat. Looking up, the huge raindrops sparkled.
Rope Has it been as dry up there this summer as we are down here in BC? I know the central and north coast has been getting more moisture than we have here.