After stacking around the house most of the day, I decided to go back in for some two year old White Pine for the outside fireplace (picture 9770) I left the trailer on the trail then went for a ride. I found a Red Maple that came down (not sure when) so I'll get that before next weekend, I'll also pull down this Ironwood that I worked on a few months ago (picture 9768) coming back down I noticed this Basswood that came down, it's blocking part of the trail so I'll get that before fall.
Get it before it rots! Your a machine brotha. I need a good first frost to open up areas to cut. Hoping your avatar brings it!
It's time I get my arse in gear, time for the beginning of the new stacking area. About the only thing that needs to be done before I start is, getting rid of some chit wood that I used on the bottom of some previous stacks. I think that I'll start top covering this years wood, it's earlier than usual but we've had some pretty heavy down pours, I also deal with the Pine needles on some wood so this should keep them dry too. Depending on the weather, I plan on having the new stacking area started before the end of this week.
I don't think so, the leaves are dried out (make sense?) so it must of happened in the last mont or so.
Hey buddy.... I would help for free! Room & board during the stay, and a meal in town along with some of your wife's cooking, a ride through the property, fire pit.... should leave time for work, I think
Sure you could keep up WS? zap's a dang busy guy. I've been thinking about top covering some of the older stuff this winter too. I already have a tarp back there waiting to be cut up, just haven't done it yet.
I grew up in the 70's....shroom testing had a totally different meaning! At least that's what they told me...
There's no way I could keep up, but I'm a damm hard worker with a saw and a beard ( to find these days). You want me to test shrooms? As long as the toilette is available.
Probably a good thing in your area. Looks like you've been getting lots and lots of rain. Hang on, there is more on the way right now.
I never top cover but this year I did about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Rain, rain go away, please come back some other day. I was out yesterday evening splitting and it was a little cloudy, started to sprinkle and I thought "looks like it will pass quick". Five minutes later it started harder, I had enough time to throw a tarp over the splitter and get the dog in the house before all hell broke loose. 2 inches in a darn quick hurry.