In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

mid day break

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by texas4life2003, Jun 15, 2021.

  1. texas4life2003

    texas4life2003

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2020
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    257
    Location:
    dallas
    I needed a break from the computer and saw a neighbor had a post for a tree cut down. There were a few pieces I would love to have still there but I don't think I can get them in the truck.

    I have been calling this 'white oak' but I am not sure if that is correct. 20210615_151617.jpg 20210615_151601.jpg
     
  2. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,653
    Likes Received:
    39,093
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    texas4life2003 If those leaves came from the wood in your PU, it is a variety of red oak. Pointy leaves are red oak and rounded leaves are white oak.:handshake:
    Get it CSS and it should be ready in a couple years, especially in TX
     
  3. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,096
    Likes Received:
    42,941
    Location:
    NJ
    A type of red oak, possibly pin
     
  4. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,259
    Likes Received:
    54,091
    Location:
    NC
    I’d say Pin, or Scarlet by the looks of the bark and leaf.
     
  5. texas4life2003

    texas4life2003

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2020
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    257
    Location:
    dallas
    It splits very easily compared to the other oak I have. I just reorganized my stack and cleaned up the yard so I am in a little hot water about bringing in more wood... haha. I'll send a new picture later tonight.
     
  6. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,776
    Likes Received:
    215,084
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Welcome to our world! :tree: Definitely red oak of some sort. Nice grab there T4L! :thumbs:
     
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  7. texas4life2003

    texas4life2003

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2020
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    257
    Location:
    dallas
    Got a couple of free pallets so I reorganized my loose pile and cut/split some of the load yesterday. 20210616_150224.jpg 20210616_150235.jpg
     
  8. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,860
    Likes Received:
    121,452
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA