In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

More Wood

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Jul 29, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm hoping mother nature gives me time tomorrow so I can get the rest of this on the ground. After a nice meal tonight I'll be sharpening some chains, the base of the Cherry had some dirt in it.

    I'll be throwing a longer bar on one of the bigger saws for tomorrow, I'll try winching the top Cherry in picture 9734 off first, if that works then I'll clean that small Maple up an go after the bigger Cherry.

    I would like the Cherry c/s by next weekend.

    I just checked the weather for tomorrow, they say I'll have until 4 before anything starts. :saw::saw:
     
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Picture #6 looks like it is really wedged in. I would use a come along and try to pull it out some. Those damm things seem to full of booby traps.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  3. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    All the " gravy cherry" :). Im jealous for sure ! Nice work !!
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  4. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,484
    Likes Received:
    113,762
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Great pics as always. That cherry looks like it'll give plenty of wood. How far do you have to travel to get it back to the stacking area?
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Total mileage on this tree would be about two miles.

    We received a good amount of rain this morning so I'll let the hill dry out some, I'll be splitting today.

    The thunder and the lightning were pretty intense, started after 4 a.m., lasted until around 5:30.
     
    Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.
  6. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    You sure you didnt get thunder snow? Lol.....
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    More storms in this area with a bunch of rumbling going on just south of here, I stopped splitting when it started, I'll throw up the pictures tonight.
     
  8. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Your avatar made me think you got snow :p......... x2 with thunder....... I get the heck out. It drizzled when I was splitting, then onto deck work.
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We headed down near Star Lake New York for a meal at a small diner, we ran into a real gully washer. We had checked the weather before going so we had a good idea what we were in for.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.