In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, folks.

Lovely air this morning. Borderline chilly at 53. Loving it!

As some of you are already aware, we here gave been having a tough week. After waking up Monday morning experiencing weakness in his lower body, my dad has been in the hospital. Once ther, it was discovered he had pneumonia.

Skip forward to yesterday.... pneumonia is in check and dad was moved to a rehab facility to get his strength back. He's 92.

Today, I'll take mom to see him. They've been apart since Monday.

If all goes well, he'll be back home next week. Monday seems so long ago.

Stay safe
    Stay healthy

2. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning.... :coffee: ... Rain this afternoon...

3. PA Mountain Man

PA Mountain Man

Good morning.
    Might have to break out the parka today.:rofl: :lol: After workin this week in the heat and humidity:hair:, it's 59 here with light rain all day.:dex:

4. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! Mike, I'm glad that at this point you and your mother can visit your dad in person. It will help him so much!
    Yes, a quart of local strawberries are $6.50-$7.50.
    I don't know how much they are at the PYO. The heat made them ripen fast, and they won't be around long.
    We had a good visit with Dave. Chance of rain on Saturday, so he may be able to burn some brush.
    Today I think I'll mow the lawn.
    5UAMQ9n.jpg
    Have a good Friday!

5. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Good morning! TGIF Heat continues through the weekend, cooling down Monday. With rain from earlier in the week, lawn needs some attention. I'll probably mow tomorrow night. Lots of graduation open houses this weekend so not much will get done.

6. Biddleman

Biddleman

Good Morning
    Not a great not sleep because of our new member to the family. 20210610_170403.jpg
    7 month english bulldog. "Randy Travis". (We didnt name him). Friends of ours had and were rehoming.
    Have to get use to having a small dog around.
    Rainy and much cooler today

Have a good day everyone.

7. Erik B

Erik B

We are heading to the 9th day in a row for temps at or above 90. Wonder what summer will bring:dennis::dennis:

M2theB, Chvymn99, T.Jeff Veal and 6 others like this.
  8. mat60

mat60

Great your dad is doing better and will be coming home to your Mom soon. Im sure she will be sleeping better when he is.. Have a good visit today.

9. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Good morning everybody.
    Mike glad to hear your dad is doing better.
    About 75 and muggy.
    Have a good day all.
    Stay safe and stay healthy.

10. Chud

Chud

TGIF,
    I’m going to have a stacking, restacking Saturday and maybe some cutting if my body holds on and the rain holds off.
    Hope all y’all have a cool and shady weekend!
    I’m hearing big drops as I type.

11. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Morning All. Just realized that I have missed a couple of days. where did they go?
    MikeInMa Just heard about your dad. I am glad to hear he is recovering.
    Midwinter My mouth was drooling looking at the strawberries. Mom has been picking hers but they aren't as big or plentiful.
    Biddleman the pup looks like he is going to be trouble with a capital T. I love the name. He will know he is in trouble when you use his full name.

I have been here and there. Traveling again today. My partner in putting together the children packages. is going away for 6 weeks so we have been working to get everything done for the time she is away.
    Went down to see what the garden is doing. We have had quite a bit of rain. Potatoes need hilling, second batch of peas are up, second batch of spinach is coming up protected by snail bait and I planted my pac choy seedlings with snail bait protection. Rain washes away the bait I found out. I had to know so I pulled a garlic. They are healthy but small so I guess I am waiting a while for those to mature.

Everyone have a great day.

12. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

13. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

I was up about 5 minutes after you posted this morning...:sleeping::sleeping::handshake:...
    Hope you have a great weekend as well. That's the same way with our firewood business, I don't want it to become a JOB...

14. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

More :dennis::dennis::dennis:

15. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good afternoon y'all. Hope y'all have had a FABULOUS FRIDAY. Still on the 7AM-7PM shift and training the new guy. He will be off Sat and Sun, so I will try to check in earlier...
    Just read about your dad MikeInMa glad he is on the mend and y'all got to go visit. When a loved one is sick, a few days away IS a long time. Praying for his strength to return...
    It has been hot down here, had some rain pop up this afternoon, as Miz Carol was bringing the floor tiles and wood for the walls home...she got it inside and opened where it can dry...
    Should be fine...
    Those strawberries look great, been awhile since we had any down here...
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

16. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

The visit with my mom and dad went well. It was like watching a Hallmark movie. :cool:

My sister will see dad Saturday and Sunday. Taking mom on Sunday.

I'm taking tomorrow off. Daytripping down to Hyannis for lunch with some friends, then some attempts at snagging a fish in the cape cod canal.

17. Erik B

Erik B

5 of the 9 90+ days we have had were record setting highs. Normal highs for this time of year are in the low 80's. Dew points dropping thi weekend so it should be a bit more comfortable.

18. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, folks.

Showery this morning. No complaints.

I'm still planning to daytrip to Cape Cod today. Looking forward to the change of scenery. Today's high near 70.

Stay safe
    Stay healthy

19. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee: .... Had a heck of a little storm blow through yesterday evening... Will need to restraighten up the mators at some point today... But Opening up the pool this morning...

20. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! Showers most of last night, I'm glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday. This morning I'll pick up my grandson, so his parents can go on an overnight trip to Portland, ME. I'll bring his bike up for some riding practice. Maybe go strawberry picking. Lots to do in the summer! ega5DHk.jpg

Good Saturday to you all!