There’s a little wood dump about 3/4 of a mile down the road from me. Usually a bunch of yard debris and branches but as I Came back from a friends house I noticed there were some real wood! I picked up about seven of these Loads. Not sure what it is Definitely not a pine tree and pretty heavy. The ends all have a slight Yellowish tinge. There’s more but i took easy ones first!
Looks like fuzzy wood. Just kidding. A little hard to tell with the pics being blurred some. You are correct though it is not pine.
Maybe basswood based on the last pics bark. It looks like pine when cut. Texture is reminiscent of EWP too. Nice grab regardless.
I was thinking the wood reminded me of some kind of conifer, bark not so much. I almost went with Larch/Tamarack but I think barkWHISPERer BRAD's got it with the Basswood.
Too heavy to be bass wood, try and get better pics in morning. I think camera might have had some moisture on it. Cause it’s hot out there
Bark in second pic reminded me of some i cut here couple years ago. Didnt know what i had at the time but FHC IDed it. My camera will fog sometimes too.
Geez I remembered to Bring the phone, take pictures and post them but my phones (read big sweaty hands) is dirty so I failed the photo quality portion of exam
I don’t see poplar. Props to anyone working hard outside these days. It’s just ignorant hot. I’d hate to be a roofer.
Me too. Havent done much of it in the last several years. I was in the shade inside of the addition im building and still sweated profusely. Kept saying yesterday "dunno how i did it all those years" As the years pass i appreciate AC more and more!
Not the tulip poplar we have here. I said I did it a 90 BUT I did not say I was working hard drive tractor 3/4 mile; it was already cut about 8’, pry bar roll into bucket, chain it and throw it out back to deal with later
Have you smelled it yet? I really don't know as it looks like a lot of things but I had a hunch on some elm type.
....and tower oscillating fans, as well as ceiling fans. A little breeze helps to run the AC at lower temps.