In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Asked to come back to work.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Mag Craft, May 29, 2021.

1. Rich L

Rich L

I think in the very near future a lot of these unemployment check people will find that after the checks run out they'll have no jobs to go back to.This covid thing is allowing many employers to automate thus putting people on the street in soup lines.What a slick Con !

2. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Agree!

3. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

Getting older ain't for sissies, that's for sure!

4. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

so that explains why i havent aged! :rofl: :lol:

5. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Yep I hear ya. I quit going up to Yellowstone on elk hunts on horse back when I was around 68. It just was not as much fun anymore and I was afraid if I got hurt up there it would take forever to heal up. Now that I am 70 I can absolutely see a slow down and not the stamina I use to have. Still going to the mountains though and cutting down 15 to 20 trees a year and bringing the wood home.

6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Amazing, be proud!

7. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

I did have to become more innovative in my approach to this and I cannot do as much in one trip as I used to but that is ok I still get it done. Thanks Wildwest.

8. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

I think the real reason they have extended the unemployment benefits so long is to try to force the $15/hr minimum wage they want. They think employers will have to pay it to beat the extra money people are getting to stay at home. Sneaky , sneaky. Knew it would never pass the old fashioned way, with a vote. Thing is, as mentioned previously, it will instead force automation where it wasn’t prevalent before. In addition it will make all items go up. In the end we as a country will actually loose by going to a $15/hr. forced min wage. Everyone including the minimum earners will pay more for goods, so s very small percentage of workers can say they earn more per hour. Inflation and cost of living are real, and they’ll soon find that out.

9. Rich L

Rich L

Even if the wages go to $ 15.00/hr it's still a poverty wage.I don't know how those that make less than that even survive.In my area a one bedroom will cost $1800/month and up.How do you eat,heat.own a vehicle etc. ?This is the time where the corporate leaders have a mindset like Getty who was once asked "Mr.Getty how much money is enough money ".Getty's response was "More".The ruling elite don't need people to do their work.They have robots and computers to replace people.Then what happens to the masses of people out of work ? It's going to be a dreadful time ahead. The current political leadership are made up of folks who have little regard for the value of life starting with decades of aborting the fruit of the womb and now calling for reducing world populations by the Billions ( Gates and Kissinger among others ).The rulership are so concerned about the citizens under them that they allow one in four and some say one in five children of the American dream go hungry each day. The masses of citizens will not soon find out about inflation and the cost of living they've been suffering from it for quiet some time as it worsens.Shameful !

10. Horkn

Horkn

It's because you can get a truck as loaded as a luxury sedan. No worries about traction with 4wd, that many sedans don't even have. The big trucks are safer too, especially with more electric vehicles on the road. A Tesla is about 1000 lbs more than the same size gas car, so getting a big loaded truck is one way to combat that.

There are many that a actually do use their expensive trucks to haul and tow though.;)

Backwoods Savage likes this.
  11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Interesting posts guys, please remember political discussions are not allowed on the public boards here.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  12. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Yes I agree with Wildwest.

Going back in tomorrow for work and I already know the first thing waiting for me is a old McCulloch chainsaw 605.
    I call those the yellow brick. Shaped like one and as heavy as one and loud as can be.

There are some saws I think I would pass on even if they were free.

13. Rich L

Rich L

Thanks for the reminder and pardon the interruption.

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

No worries, friendly reminder :)

15. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Yes, I not so fondly remember the older saws. It was amazing to me that those things were like some people in that they seemed to get heavier day by day. Sometimes a saw could gain what seemed to be 10 lb in a day...

16. Erik B

Erik B

Backwoods Savage That continues now as well. My 029 gains weight by the end of the day. Maybe it has more to do with the age of the operator:BrianK::BrianK:

17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

No it is just the saw or else gravity gets stronger as the day wears on. :D

18. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Yep I would have to agree with you Erik.

When I go to the mountains and cut beetle kill I take one big saw for felling and one small light weight saw for cutting limbs. It does make a difference at this point in my age.

19. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

With things going right. I can still put out a cord of wood on a good day. Get to the woods ( half the battle , remembering to bring everything I need ).
    Fall, limb , buck , load trailer or sled. Load truck. Hide 4 wheeler or snogo , drive home. Maybe off load. But I used to do that with 2 cord.

Backwoods Savage, Horkn and Mag Craft like this.
  20. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Yep I used to do pretty well in one trip too.