In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Trouble at Fiskars??

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by pmdecm, Apr 19, 2021.

1. pmdecm

pmdecm

Hi, I bought a Fiskars maul last year, and it quickly broke, so I contacted the company for a refund or replacement. They initially agreed to provide a replacement, but then said that the maul was not in stock, and so promised that a refund check would be in the mail within two weeks. No check came, and they stopped responding to emails, so last week I called them and was told that they would converse with the check-writing department and get back to me in a day or two. No one did, so I called again today, and now their phone answers with a message saying that they are no longer taking warranty calls and that all warranty requests should go through email. I sent yet another follow-up email, and in response I got an error message saying that my email was undeliverable(!) Does anyone know whether the company is having financial difficulties? Thanks.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

3. Chaz

Chaz

4. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Should not be stock in Finland at close to year high

Dakota Hoarder likes this.
  5. woodworker bob

woodworker bob

DSCN0004.JPG
    i did an email claim april 2nd ,got comf. email that said within 2 weeks i should hear back,april 16 got shipping tracking number with usps link ,replacement item is shipping from mississippi ,it was pain free ,a few years ago i did the same with a x27 ,great company ,this time it was my pruner

Timberdog, Camber, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  6. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Were you trying to cut a grade 8 bolt?
    :whistle:
    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

This is exactly the kind of stuff I've been dealing with at work for over a year now...real PITA! Not unique to Fiskars...it is odd that they are just now "shutting down" though...

Camber, Horkn, Ronaldo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pris

Pris

Take a paste of what you wrote and a picture and mail it to their address...See if that gets attention...I had the same type of problem with those magnifying glasses with lights on them and I loved them but they kept breaking down--complained--nothing done after I bought a 2nd pair and complained again--so I just took the two glasses and mailed them to the company and told them "where to go" and never heard from them...No wonder...lol We got taken man...pris

9. Dakota Hoarder

Dakota Hoarder

I sure hope nothings wrong with Fiskars! They’ve been great to me on 2 warranty claims!

10. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Broke my X27 two years ago and the new one came in two weeks after filing the claim. Covid related maybe?

Timberdog and Camber like this.
  11. Softwood

Softwood

Seems to big a good excuse for a lot of companies nowadays..

12. Horkn

Horkn

Supply chain issues catching up possibly? Could be restructuring internally.

brenndatomu likes this.
  13. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Some of both, I'm sure.

wildwest and Horkn like this.
  14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I also wonder how the skyrocketing price of steel might play into this. Husbands company ordered a huge metal roof way before scheduled to beat the price increases right about the time the OP posted this. It wasn't more than a week later prices shot up. Way up.

brenndatomu likes this.
  15. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Yeah I am trying to order a large expensive commercial door at work and I have had trouble getting people to follow up with quotes, I'm sure the prices have went up more in the meantime! :hair:

Camber and wildwest like this.
  16. Stihl Kicking

Stihl Kicking

I had a pruner break, and they replaced it, no questions asked. But that was a few years ago. I have gone onto businesses Facebook page to complain, after not getting results the normal way. Businesses don't like complaints on their public site.

farmer steve and Camber like this.
  17. RGrant

RGrant

I have a Fiskars lawn mower I used for 5 years that was nearly a life saver... (long story that goes nowhere- so I'll spare everyone my usual)
    Got a pair of handled weed trimmers, a pruner and a lopper and they're all fine.
    I got the x27 and... I like it... its "ok" for me.
    I bought the 8 pound maul and it didn't last a season. Warranty or not, I'm not going to be messing around with that if I don't feel like I can trust it for even a year.

Slightly jealous of those that never had a problem, and glad the warranty worked out for so many, but to OP's point, that's crazy frustrating. I went with the Collins 8 point maul and I think it's fantastic. Similar price point- not sure if you're looking for another brand, but I can stand behind this one.

Camber and Softwood like this.