I cleared a trail up to picture 9666, picture 9667 is the trail that was mostly filled with dead chit, picture 9669 was a plus find, looks like some dead sugar maple with some good weight to it, some of the rounds in picture 9670, picture 9676 is some Cherry from the tree in picture 9666, 9677 I'm loaded up headed home but I still have some dead maple rounds, the last picture is what's left of the Cherry.
Great find there.Even as hot/humid as some days are when cutting this time of year it makes me smile when I stop & think how good that stuff will feel on a bitterly cold winter day or night..........
The top two rounds had some punk but the rest had some nice weight, I still have some nice rounds up there. I was going to take a break but hell the old body feels great so I'll keep cutting. The weather has been perfect for cutting up this way, Loon keeps sending us some nice cold fronts.
Sweatin' like a pig right now and all I did was buck up part of the Maple I took down on Thursday. Warm and humid, but like you, all I think about is how nice that wood will burn once it's dry. I just slow down some (if that's even possible) when it gets hot out and keep on c/s/s. Dead sugar that's not punky w/o bark. GIBIR. Gooder stuff.