In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wanderlust

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by yooperdave, Feb 16, 2021.

  1. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,726
    Likes Received:
    224,446
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    "Wanderlust is a strong desire to wander or travel and explore"

    Anyone else afflicted with it?

    I was thinking.....


    How's about a FHC road trip? A caravan of hoarders, sort of?

    I bet something could be planned.....
     
  2. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,698
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Wa have been talking about a road trip this summer, haven’t picked a location tho.
     
  3. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,726
    Likes Received:
    224,446
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    In all seriousness, there won't be any trip for us this year again. Too much chit going on.
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,192
    Location:
    Central MI
    There may be one at the end of April. Many roads lead to the Savage residence. May 1 is the biggest day but we'll have a couple big days if Mr Covid eases up.
     
  5. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,559
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    First on our list when I was planning to retire was a trip across Canada. Last year the RV didn't get the cover taken off from the previous winter. Doesn't look like it is going to be removed this summer either. There is always next year. One event we had hope to make was GTG at Backwoods Savage place. Not this year.
     
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,192
    Location:
    Central MI
    We will patiently await your visit and it will make us very happy when you are able.
     
  7. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,561
    Likes Received:
    67,843
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    The more I see of this country, the more I want to see. I've been all over New England, back and forth to Florida a dozen or so times, west to Ohio, portions of California and Alaska. When my kids are older but not out of the house yet I want to take a popup camper and travel the whole summer with them. See the national parks, as well as different places of interest off the beaten path.
     
  8. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,146
    Likes Received:
    163,447
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Yep...but how many Michigan GTG's have you missed now? :whistle: ;) :D
     
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,726
    Likes Received:
    224,446
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.


    Every one.
     
  10. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,261
    Likes Received:
    54,109
    Location:
    NC
    Someday I’d like to get a Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports and head out west and drive off road and on. Been up and down the east coast, all over the Midwest and BC several times, but never seen a desert.
    Was camping in Cherokee NC and a guy rolled in on an ADV bike to pitch a tent. He was just going wherever the road led him and I thought to myself, that’s what I’m going to do.