In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

630 jonsered

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Sandhillbilly, Jan 31, 2021.

  1. Sandhillbilly

    Sandhillbilly

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2019
    Messages:
    4,261
    Likes Received:
    30,745
    Location:
    North central Nebraska
    I’m heading to a town with a pawn shop. The last few times I was in there there they had a jonsered 630 (I think) on the shelf. Probably been there close to a year. If memory serves me correctly it is in pretty fair shape cosmetically, plastics and controls wise.
    I understand many parts are getting NLA and difficult to find. What about the stuff you need for a common project? Seals bearings, piston and cylinder, filter, fuel line, carb kit? I know some stuff is common to some Husqvarna models. Plan to check it out closer today and see if they are willing to dicker and get rid of it,.... if there is a reasonable chance to get it going.
    I just don’t want to give a lot for just a parts saw that I have no need for the parts from.
    Any thoughts??
    M2theB The Wood Wolverine
     
    M2theB and The Wood Wolverine like this.
  2. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,853
    Likes Received:
    121,370
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Made from 82 to 97, that's a decent run. And what I read they are based of a Husky 162. Have to be honest, I don't know much about older Jaw-knee's or 1 series Huskys. A quick search around my usual places produced a good amount of parts still available for them. Couple real clean ones on evilbay for 400ish.
     
    M2theB and Sandhillbilly like this.
  3. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,253
    Likes Received:
    54,016
    Location:
    NC
    More is better. Do you follow afleetcommand on YouTube? He and his buddy have done a few vids on the interchangeable parts saws. Guy seems to know a thing or two about Husqvarna and Jonsered.
     
  4. Sandhillbilly

    Sandhillbilly

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2019
    Messages:
    4,261
    Likes Received:
    30,745
    Location:
    North central Nebraska
    I have seen some of those spike saw college videos. Lots of good info, I’ll have to watch em again. Especially if I end up owning one
     
    M2theB and The Wood Wolverine like this.
  5. M2theB

    M2theB

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    19,226
    Location:
    Central Massachusetts
    if it’s of the 162, it shares a lot! 61, 266, 268, 272.

    The saw I grabbed yesterday is 162SE. Did some research before I pulled the trigger. I’m pretty sure the 630 is a close first cousin.

    shouldn’t be to hard to find parts.

    i don’t really know many Jonesereds. I did 2066 conversion to a 372XP xtorque last summer and a little work on a 49SP a couple years ago.
     
  6. huskihl

    huskihl

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2016
    Messages:
    3,719
    Likes Received:
    21,422
    Location:
    Michigan
    The main correlation with the 162SE is the cylinder. They were both 48mm bore and closed port, the 625 is 48mm open port like the Husky 61, and the 670 is 50mm like the 266 and 268Xp. But the jonsered intakes were different. The cylinders will bolt down on other models, but some parts from both models would be required to make it work
     
    Sandhillbilly and M2theB like this.