In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

2. bogieb

bogieb

View attachment 287385
    Here are pictures I took yesterday

Seems like that pole is keeping the front up.
    Center poles touching ground.jpg

The only reason that back part is not completely on the ground is because there is a ton of pellets it is resting on. You can see the peak at the very front is the only part up.
    front of tent garage still up.jpg

3. bogieb

bogieb

I'm looking at getting something along those lines. Draw back is, I'll have to get permits and pay taxes on the building since it is a permanent structure. Didn't have to do any of that with the tent garage or the old metal shed that I need to also replace before it falls down (my money was on it collapsing first since I brought it from my old house back in 2013, and it was 15-20 y/o then). May just keep the carport separate from the shed since I can put up a 200 sq/ft shed without any "penalties", but I also like the idea of one building. I got months to figure it out.

shed with lean to.jpg

4. bogieb

bogieb

TSC 10% neighbor's club coupons came in my email last night. I can't possibly take more pellets, but I'm sure I can find something to use it on.

If your local HD is carrying La Cretes, they are burning hot (I've never burned them before) and would highly recommend getting some if you have room!

5. imacman

imacman

Got mine too. Hmmmmm......what do I need?

6. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Well now.

The weather has been wretched of late.....Almost 11" of rain so far this month.

Yesterday was decent and today is gonna be even nicer.....Time to head down to the nut plant and get our 4th load of shells for the season.
    Called Jose yesterday and we are good to go for this morning.
    As soon as it's daylight out I will load up the outfit and we can be off to the rodeo..

The last few days have been much warmer than normal (WET TOO) and we were able to heat well with only the little stove running.

Cleared off last night and the temp was about 66F in the house at 4 am......
    Fired off the big Whitfield and that will get the shack up to temp PDQ

Ran a couple barrels through "Munchy" yesterday to get them Stove ready.

Far more fun when it is not raining...

ivanhoe, bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and 2 others like this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Just slackin here between geezer naps! I'm learning I need more winter hobbies. Almost bored even!! Boob tube and surfin besides doing some minor packing. Still house hunting, But not much hitting the market. Hoping spring has a better offering.

ivanhoe, bogieb, PelletHound and 3 others like this.
  8. artc

artc

finally got a moment to check in and say hello! It has been a busy fall early winter for sure. The covid caused the closure (to the public) of a large library ($16M project) being renovated. so a phased project over the next year became a single operation (we are the low voltage contractor). it's good in that the contractors are all more efficient. but it left me somewhat short of help with fall pellet deliveries. Got it done, running two trucks when i could.

still busy all around.
    pavilion painted.jpg
    The pavilion project was the big summer project at the Zagray Farm Museum. all painted here (spray gun). The interior kitchen is being done by other volunteers and coming along nicely. Below my wife Kathryn is putting the finishing touches on the painting. She did not really like it up there. I had to lift her up with the cherry picker.
    Kathryn painting.jpg
    took a little time for 4 year old grandson Landon. He loves tractors (go figure!) this is his first time driving a tractor by himself! grandpa was close by, but he loved it!

Landon on Farmall Cub.jpg
    finished the year with some good weather in November, allowing me to build the well house. there is a full basement under it to allow for the WellTrol, hot water heater, etc. to be in a freeze proof envirioment. it will also allow us to easily drain the lines to various locations for winterizing.

well house project.jpg
    now, back to work!

Snowy Rivers, ivanhoe, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Try again when Covid is only a bad memory wish I could cut down the wife running the stores and the quilt club membership dropping in.

ivanhoe, bogieb, gbreda and 4 others like this.
  10. Earl764

Earl764

Where are you looking?

ivanhoe, bogieb, PelletHound and 3 others like this.
  11. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

A little 2 to 3 bedroom shack up in the woods. Must have 1/2 acre, farm setting. 2 bay garage.

Trying to stay in the Colebrook Riverton Hartland area. May consider Harwington. Literally 0(zilch aka nada) listings at present unless I dump the garage.

ivanhoe, bogieb, PelletHound and 2 others like this.
  12. imacman

imacman

LOL....we'll keep you busy.
    20190224_182620.jpg

ivanhoe, gbreda, eatonpcat and 2 others like this.
  13. artc

artc

it's an excellent time to SELL, which translates into a poor time to buy. Lots of people leaving NY metro area due to all the restrictions, closures, civil unrest, etc. I've heard several instances of homes selling for higher than asking and going quickly.

ivanhoe, bogieb, PelletHound and 2 others like this.
  14. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Yep, We be late to the party. :(

Might start looking into land and drop a prefab on it?

ivanhoe, bogieb, imacman and 5 others like this.
  15. artc

artc

more good news. 1/2 inch CDX plywood, generally about $18 per sheet, was $32 when i bought it for the well house in November. my builder friends are saying not to start a house as the materials are crazy high because of covid closures of the timber industries, etc. Talked to the BioBrick guys and they were having trouble getting material out of New York all summer. wait it out

ivanhoe, imacman, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  16. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

yup, lumber is crazy now....those November prices are GREAT compared to what they are today.......no lumber coming out of the south, covid production issues, the system appears to be breaking down

ivanhoe, bogieb, imacman and 3 others like this.
  17. ChandlerR

ChandlerR

My daughter put her house for sale a while ago. She lived in Dover NH on Dover Point. The neighborhood is a waterfront community on the Piscataqua River. Every house comes with a mooring. She put the house on the market for $450,000 hoping for a bidding war. She got one. House sold for $550,000......cash sale.

18. bogieb

bogieb

:jaw:

I knew that most houses in NH have gone into bidding wars, but that is a huge improvement at 25% over the asking price. Good for her!

19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:bug:

20. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I've literally seen houses sell within hours of the listing. And most are selling over asking price. Even the cheap little shacks that need tlc are fetching 10 to 15%