In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Just in Time

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Biddleman, Dec 14, 2020.

  1. Biddleman

    Biddleman

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2019
    Messages:
    3,069
    Likes Received:
    24,193
    Location:
    River Hills of Pennsylvania
    A guy who helps me out at work occasionally asked if I wanted the oak firewood he has had stacked on his deck. He said its been there for for quite awhile and some of it was getting funky.
    I said well of course, what kind of question is that. :loco: :crazy:
    Saturday I was planning on taking the tahoe after deer hunting. I get a text that he was 5 minutes away. Huh?! I come out of the woods and there he is in the driveway. Little over 1/4 cord. Mix of red and white oak. Some of it was cut a little long but after a cut, cut here and a split, split there, it was all taken care of. MM read 11% . Saves me from touching the stacks and its just in time for this week's weather:thumbs:
     
  2. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,753
    Likes Received:
    214,952
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Nice! Was he dressed in red and white? :santa: