What are we thinking here? How about some organic lemon scented essential oils mixed in with the wax during the melting process?
That reminds me of a time when I went to pick up some eggs at the local farm.....and I went to the cashier with 4 dozen eggs. She looked at me funny and asked "What are you going to do with 4 cartons of eggs????" And I looked at her funny and said "Eat them......" Family of 5 we go through a lot of eggs..........
...well i do have all her scented candle throwaways! Firestarter in a red cedar cookie maybe! Even better, red cedar noodles!
Ive sold about 11 Black Locust Charcuterie boards at a friends store in the last month or so. $40 a pop. All out of cookies now but I have some boards to use next.
Wow that's awesome. Did you finish them at all or is it just sanded smooth? Also what's the hole for? Your thumb to hold it like a pallet board for painting? Here I am the dummy just chopping them into bits and pieces and giving them to neighbors for firepits for free......
The thumb hole was a last minute idea. Otherwise it looks like a piece of firewood LOL. Figured if people saw a hole they would understand there’s some other use These cookies were cut on a slight angle. As such I could run them through the planer before sanding. Warning: Running any cookies through a planer can be dangerous. The first one went off like a hand grenade. Learning experience. Personally I would never try it with a normal flat cookie. That’s really looking for trouble. Bought a used drum sander but it’s not up and running yet. Should be no problems running cookies through that but it would take a long time to make any money back
I was gonna ask how you got them so uniform and thought of the planer. What happened? You have that triaxle of BL...Lots of cookies in there. Do you brand them with your logo Joe?
I can't cut straight so don't worry about flat cookies over here!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA. But all joking aside, yes I can see the danger of that thing breaking up into 9 jagged pieces flying out of there 1000mph. So no finish just planer then sasnding?
So we got firewood, firestarters from the saw chips, cookies from fixing random lengths...are we up to $1000 profit per tree service load dropped off yet?! That reminds me...saw the biggest ripoff yet yesterday...walking into bLowes (almost never go there) and they had .60 CF "firewood" packs for $7.48!!! Takes the right outta ya!
I’ve been meaning to ask Brad. You find any weird stuff like that and I’d be happy to take it off your hands. Those are some nice chunks Doesn’t even need to be Black Locust. You can make a crotch pile for me LOL No more feeling bad about not hand splitting them LOL Consider me an angel in disguise Unfortunately the last load of BL was mostly smaller stuff and fresh. These cookies were actually cut out of my first BL score of old logs that I never got processed. I just kept piling more in front. The reason I cut those small cookies in a previous post was for the mud floor entrance to the house. I was just about at the end of processing BL so I had to cut them now or never. Then my friend saw the pic on FB and asked for Charcuterie boards. Only had a few sticks left and one log I had been saving for a project of my own.
Pitiful isn’t it? Thank God there’s these kind of people out there. You could even advertise as organic and get an entirely different clientele