This is amazing. I can't believe how much sawdust I have tossed into my compost piles. Now, my compost piles are looking good so far.....so I'm happy about that.....but yes sir I'm going to look on FB or something for some free wax hahahahahaha.
Use cardboard egg cartons. Ms. buZZsaw has made firestarters with wax and chainsaw noodles poured into the sections.
Mind blown by the way. I have a huge grin on my face. Hahahahaha! Thanks for that! I wasn't going to post that picture....but now I'm super glad I did!
That's another amazing method. Do you cut out the individual wells or do you just pop out the wax and sawdust/noodles from the crates?
So the question is...........is it bad for a fireplace to burn wax? I can see how using it in the firepit is fine......
She pours melted wax in, then noodles leaving several exposed to light. You can keep it intact and brake off as needed for use. DONT store it near the fire or it may melt!
I have to go to the doctor because I have a huge hole in my skull from the explosion I just experienced. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This is amazing. Too bad I just bought a box of fatwood........Needless to say, I will be doing some experimentating in the very near future! Thank you so much for the enlightenment.
I have a bunch of her old candles and have to make some in the near future. I mostly use paper and kindling to start the fire.
Wait so to be clear, do you just pop out the wax + noodles and just use the egg crate as storage? That would make sense to me.....and then you just pop one out when you need it. If you cut up the individual wells you'd need some way to organize them........
Sawdust, spent candles and egg cartons. Put dust or noodles in the egg carton and pour wax heated in an old crock pot over the top. I have used noodles as well. The saw dust I use is from KD not sure how green wood saw dust would work. I have used pine noodles dried on a hardware cloth frame. That was excellent!
She melts wax, adds noodles, then pours into the egg cartons. The cardboard soaks up some and you can break them up and store in whatever.
I'm guessing that when one has our affliction one has more than enough sawdust for a lifetime's supply of firestarters!!!