Woo hoo just got a huge load of black locust delivered. It was cut a bit too long but I don't mind. I'll either make cutoffs and give away and/or cut in half and make kindling.
Thanks! That will keep me busy for a while.....like a week or so hahahaha. Tomorrow I'm picking up the remainder of the norway maple. It's about 25' long, 15" dbh. Might take two trips in the Tacoma. And then I've got the beech inbound. The donation pile from the norway maple and oak I got last week is already gone.
Did some sawing just now. Trimmed down a bunch of rounds. Good thing I sharpened the chain before doing this.
Luckily our caterer’s father was an arborist or I would have been cutting my firewood for our wedding. She provided them for us.
THATS AWESOME! BL kindling? Cut off cookies and make some nice firewood. EDIT: didnt read all posts before i posted. See you did make cookies.
I made red oak cookies for one of my stepdaughters wedding. They were part of the centerpieces. Had to make benches out or 2x10x12' and used three rounds for the supports. They had the ceremony and reception in their yard. Log cabin house with a log theme of sorts.
Hahahahahaha that video cracks me up every time. Uh..........I was just going to toss it into my compost pile. Perhaps I could mix it up with some of that spruce sap and come up with a jig to make little cubes...... Hm........ Very interesting idea!! Thanks! Burning some black locust right now as a matter of fact!
That's awesome! I have 3 daughters.....so no marriages any time soon......but when the time cometh I shall be prepared!