In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

3. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Went for a quick stroll through the woods today. 4 hours later I'm sitting at the computer and feel something crawling on the inside of my arm. A freaking tick! I can't ever remember finding a tick on me towards the end of November. We've had quite a few days below freezing, and just a few days ago it got into the upper teens here. It has been a mild weekend though so maybe they're coming out again looking for their last victim of the year. I've been struggling with them in my yard all year to the point where I was finding them on my kids and dogs every day. I had to do something so I ended up signing up with this company that came out every few weeks and sprayed down my yard with a natural cedar oil which helped big time. I'd say 95% better now. I'm hoping "real" winter settles in soon so I can walk the woods without worrying about all the blood suckers.

4. billb3

billb3

I've gotten a tick on me during a January thaw. They're certainly opportunists. I keep one set of in-the-woods clothes up-to-date drenched in permethrin year round ever since then.
    Most of the leaves are down here so I cleaned out gutters, downspouts this afternoon on 4 buildings. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow but noticed one house needs two roof peak shingles replaced. Always something.

5. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Thank you WW!!!!
    :thumbs:

6. fishingpol

fishingpol

I'm at 7 cords now. Probably 2 more in rounds ready to split.

Happy birthday Eric VW, hope you had a good day.

I sort of overdid work yesterday and was sore in the arms and shoulders this morning. Today turned into a day of rest.

The weather was overcast with an east wind off the ocean adding to the chill. The Mrs. and I picked up a balsam fir tree and nice wreath today, before the crowds are really out next weekend. We also planned our Thanksgiving meal. We did order a homemade pie from the shop where we got the tree. It is good to support a small family business. We are repeat customers and bought crabapple trees from them this spring.

Just an interesting thought from yesterday. I cut a limb on a sugar maple and the sap flowed out the cut. Almost ran for the sap buckets. :rofl: :lol: Mother nature is throwing a curve this fall.

Just relaxing now, and not worrying about what did not get done this weekend.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  7. Marshel54

Marshel54

Holey Moley! Its your birthday Eric. Have good one.

8. Marshel54

Marshel54

Surprised I am still walking today. I actually feel pretty good. My son-in-law stopped yesterday and had some wood to cut. We made 2 truck load of rounds out of 2 trees. Split the 2 loads and stacked half of it. Of coarse my son-in-law and grandson did most of the heavy lifting but I held in there until the end.
    My desk top crashed . I did manage to get it started up in Safe Mode and was able to copy some important fills to a thumb drive although it was just snailing along.
    Watched a couple of football games that I recorded yesterday.
    All and all nothing got done today.

9. Midwinter

Midwinter

G2ZUFFu.jpg

10. lukem

lukem

Pretty much. These odds and ends weren't good for much else. Got them attached to the MDF today and a filler coat of epoxy on.

Use just over 1 bottle of glue and about 1200 micro pins.

PXL_20201123_010635083.jpg

11. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

I’m late, but Happy Birthday Eric VW . Hope you had a good one.

12. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Thanks gents!!!
    :handshake:

13. Gasifier

Gasifier

Caffeine! I’m hoping to get some work done in the barn and house today. We received several inches of snow yesterday and last night. Then it warmed up and was raining by 9PM. Just nasty on the way home last night. So everything is now covered in a wet snow. About an inch or less remaining now, which should be gone soon. Too wet to do much outside today.

I am fortunate to have most of the week off this week between RDOs and some vacation time. :thumbs:

You hoarders have a great day, stay safe, and have some fun!

14. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

15. Gasifier

Gasifier

No need to apologize. That’s what happens when you get older my friend. I mean :whistle:, it’s all good. Hope you had a good day brother! :thumbs:

16. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

:BrianK::rofl: :lol::salute:

17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I need to bring some wood to the porch today as we have some nasty weather taking aim at us and I hate the thought of doing this kind of work in nasty weather.

Yet probably most of us know some poor soul who constantly runs out of wood when the weather is turning nasty. I got caught like that only one time and never plan to have that happen again. btw, that was a long, long time ago.

18. Horkn

Horkn

I should move some firewood from my lower stack to my patio before the bad weather hits here

19. Erik B

Erik B

I brought more wood to the house this morning to avoid doing it in the rain and snow that will be coming tonight and tomorrow.

20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Tried and failed again to register and get license plates for the FJ again today. 3rd time.......

Today all the doors were locked to the offices needed to register and get plates. Decision made last night. She said to put my title and check in the drop box. Last time you said I needed to register here, go the the second office for notary, then 3rd office for plates? I called them from the main floor. She transferred me to both other dept's. happen to have the title etc. in an envelope, they said to put a note on it what I needed. Wish me luck guys :wacky::rofl: :lol:

They're waiving notary requirement for purchasers buying instate vehicles and said they would call me for credit card # over the phone for the fees. Then mail me the license plates.