In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Started Early This Year

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by boettg33, Nov 21, 2020.

1. boettg33

boettg33

With everything that happened last year, and then add COVID-19 for 2020, I've been broken down this year. I'm one of those that the Christmas season does start until after Thanksgiving. Each year we get our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. Then we are all in.

Every year even before Halloween my wife and girls will put on Christmas music. My rule is not around me. Not this year. This year I've just accepted it. The way I figure it is that with everything that transpired with my dad in the second half of 2019 and COVID-19, I could use the good holiday cheer of Christmas. Plus I do love snow, winter, and Christmas.

Call me crazy, but it's full-on. The cookies and Chex-mix have been baked once already. The music has been playing. Some decorations are out. No tree yet. Maybe this weekend.

Happy Holidays even if it is early.

Jason from RI

2. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    A lot of people around here are putting up outside decorations already. It makes a dark time of year brighter.

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

4. yooperdave

yooperdave

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas back at ya boettg33 !

Put the outdoor lights up a couple weeks ago while the temps were unusually mild. :handshake:

5. JustWood

JustWood Guest

U gon b 1 phat bastage by orthodox xmas!!!!

6. MikeyB

MikeyB

Took a walk with one of my boys last week and one neighbor was starting with his outdoor Christmas decorations.
    The house next to him had Thanksgiving deco, and the house next to that had Halloween. Should have taken a picture it was like walking through Lowe’s and the Home Depot. Lol

7. boettg33

boettg33

Thank god I am still working out and working all weekend long to burn off whatever I eat. Plus I'm watching what I eat.

8. Nitrodave

Nitrodave

No difference around here.... no Christmas decorations...

9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Why does anyone need to be concerned with the timing of Christmas things? If you enjoy it, and you should, put the Christmas things where you can enjoy them. He whose Birthday we celebrate probably enjoys it too.

yooperdave and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  10. Erik B

Erik B

boettg33 I watch what I eat as well. I never eat with my eyes closed:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::hair::hair: