In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good day to move some wood

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Smokinpiney, Oct 25, 2013.

  1. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Decided i would fill up a bin of splits and bring it up to the outbuilding just behind the house. It's nice for those nights when i don't feel like going all the way out back to get wood or if we get snow and im at work plowing, the mrs doesn't have to worry about gettin wood.

    In the bin
    [​IMG]

    In transit
    [​IMG]

    Safe and Sound
    [​IMG]
     
  2. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    Sounds like you've gotten use to sayin "the Mrs" already
     
    papadave likes this.
  3. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Oh i got used to sayin that a few years ago haha. It's just official now :D
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice lifter/mover you have there smokin! Did you make that bin up or find it/ buy it like that?

    I am going to make some bins for firewood as well. I am going to use pallets and just have to decide how I am going to fasten them together. I am hoping the wood will be able to season well enough in them. So I can split the wood, put it in the bins and set them in a good place for 8-12 months and then move them for burning season.
     
  5. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    [​IMG]
     
  6. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    I can only imagine what I would devise if I had access to a lift like that. Palletized wood stacks, access to my deck...no more lifting and hauling firewood.
     
  7. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Nice
    How many bins like that do you have?
     
  8. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Did you mark that crate "keep dry and ventilated" for the Mrs?
     
    Gasifier likes this.