Looks like you guys had a great trip Cert. Thanks for the pics. The caves and rock formations are amazing.
The truck did great! Pulling hills the boost would hit about 36 psi, tranny temps never went above 185 the whole trip even with it towing in OD and usually were around 170-175. I didn't have a program on it and was running bone stock so the pyro hits and holds between 1200-1300 degrees on a sustained pull uphill. It's always nice to not drop out of OD while gaining speed up hills running 75. For the record I usually never pull over 65 with the camper but I was getting annoyed and decided to pass while running up a decent grade. The cummins sure makes pulling stuff a walk in the park.
Looks fun Cert...I missed this thread when you were leaving, I've not been on as much with the busy summer stuff.
No sense in gettin under the turbo on an uphill grade. Get that sucker lit and stay right in it. Tell all those slow left lane runners to crap or get off the pot. Sounds like the truck is running nicely. Those are all good numbers pullin a load. Oh and great pics! Looks like a n awesome trip.
I am glad your trip went well. Thanks for the pictures. Those were some awesome rock formations. I am a sucker for waterfalls - big or little. Brings back memories of camping with a tent trailer and the kids. One thing I am sure of - every leaning tree or standing dead one was eyed up by you for firewood potential. With Campinspecter, he has a hard time not mentally logging the woods or scanning for firewood when we go for a walk or a hike.
Went and googled Red River Gorge, Kentucky. What a park!! Did you do the zipline? The trails would keep you busy for quite some time. Not totally up on American history but this must be one place that saw a lot of it.