In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tarp Time

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by LordOfTheFlies, Sep 2, 2020.

  1. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    LordOfTheFlies , those Holz Hausen covers are ridiculous in price even though they are convenient. I like your idea with the hooks and I’m going to try that next.
     
  2. LordOfTheFlies

    LordOfTheFlies

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2019
    Messages:
    2,519
    Likes Received:
    12,101
    Location:
    NY
    Yeah it's quite a bit cheaper. I find the wood does a great job of weighing down the tarp and I've never had one blow off. And if you have 18 holz hausens, then the tarp becomes a ridiculous expense!
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and NortheastAl like this.
  3. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    All looks great LOTF.:yes:

    Laid this over the pile yesterday as browns are coming off the trees already.It wont be used for a few years and was planning on pullling it off when all leaves are down but thinking now will just leave it be till spring. :cheers:


    [​IMG]
     
  4. LordOfTheFlies

    LordOfTheFlies

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2019
    Messages:
    2,519
    Likes Received:
    12,101
    Location:
    NY
    Thanks! You too man!
     
    NortheastAl, Chazsbetterhalf and Loon like this.