In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The dump trailer thread

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by sirbuildalot, Aug 25, 2020.

  1. sirbuildalot

    sirbuildalot

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2019
    Messages:
    3,424
    Likes Received:
    22,826
    Location:
    Mass
    Being one of the absolutely handiest accessories/items one can get for firewood, I thought a thread devoted to dump trailers was in order.

    So post yours here...Can be off road, on road, whatever.

    Picked this little guy up a couple years ago for $350. Definitely one of the best purchases I've made. I've noticed there are a lot of off road trailer manufacturers in Canada. Pronovost, Normand, Berkelmans Welding, Weber Lane, to name a few. There are also some American companies like U-dump, Country Manufacturing, Taylor-Pittsburgh, King Kutter (which is built by Pronovost), etc. I'm sure Europe has a bunch as well.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    I'd love to purchase its big brother the WL-4TS. Which has a 5.5x8' box and a 8k capacity.

    2020 Weberlane WL4TS Dump Trailer - Newark, New York | $3,700 | Machinery Pete


    Anyways...post yours here!!!
     
  2. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,234
    Likes Received:
    50,434
    Location:
    Ct
    Not just useful in my case. Essential :)
    BTW love that super tilt of yours. I could make good use of that too.
    A9C23A4E-0B49-407E-A8C1-52C0335E375A.jpeg 3B8AB6A5-2853-4583-BCF9-DFF9456C2076.jpeg
     
    Ronaldo, Slocum, clay shooter and 3 others like this.
  3. sirbuildalot

    sirbuildalot

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2019
    Messages:
    3,424
    Likes Received:
    22,826
    Location:
    Mass
    That CAM sure does look handy. I know you said you wish it was a couple feet longer, but that 6x10 is a nice size. Will still hold an easy full cord.
     
  4. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,234
    Likes Received:
    50,434
    Location:
    Ct
    Not a terrible size but the winch will easily handle 12 footers. The longer the log the easier they are to load. Plus 12’ is a natural length for rounds 16” or 18”. Someone pointed that out to me in my ruler thread LOL. Wish I had thought of that when buying.
     
    brenndatomu and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  5. sirbuildalot

    sirbuildalot

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2019
    Messages:
    3,424
    Likes Received:
    22,826
    Location:
    Mass
    You could cut them 128" for the 16", and 126" for the 18", leaving the tailgate off. I can't see anyone giving you grief over 6" or 8" sticking past.
     
  6. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,234
    Likes Received:
    50,434
    Location:
    Ct
    No they wouldn’t and if I know exactly what’s going on I’ll leave the tailgate at home. FB scrounges I bring the gate. They’re never what it looks like in the pictures LOL
    And it’s Ct. They tend to frown on anything besides Volvo’s. :)
     
    brenndatomu and Chazsbetterhalf like this.